1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Progress Report

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Victorious34, May 15, 2017.

1. Victorious34

Victorious34 Fapstronaut

After about 3 months of my wife and I being separated, she came home Saturday. Saturday was the official start date of my reboot, it was hard! At first, I was super nervous. Whenever she'd lean in for a hug, I'd get easily stimulated and it caused me to slightly detach. I told her about the reboot process and we both agreed that it was needed. Even after 3 months, neither of us knew it was going to be that hard.

The past 48 hours have been interesting to say the least. I've had severe mood swings; I'd get easily agitated for no reason and be upset for no apparent reason, I've also found myself super motivated to do just about anything and without a care in the world.

Something I'm coming to realize is the long term strategy of rebooting. Before, I'd focus on trying to keep that high that kept me motivated and I ignored all of the impulse decisions I made in order to do that. I'm definitely ready to change and see this thing through. If not for myself, I can hopefully do it for my family.

2. i_wanna_get_better1

i_wanna_get_better1 Fapstronaut

We hope you can put everything you've learned here into practice and have a successful reboot. Rebooting together can sometimes be a bonding experience for a couple. As long as you stay clean and work hard then I suspect your wife will be understanding.

Mood swings and irritability are common and is not a true indicator of progress. Don't get discouraged if you don't 'feel' yourself getting better. Stay on the path and keep reminding yourself of what is at stake. Stay strong!

hope4healing likes this.