1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with pissing in company of others ( for example into urinal or pissoir)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JustinX, Jul 2, 2016.

Can you easily urine into pisoar standing next to other people?

1. Yes, no problem whatsoever.

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. No, I also prefer to go into cabine toilet.

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Usually yes but sometimes it is a problem.

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Other answer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Hello guys, I would like to know if more of you have the same problem as I and if you have some tips how to deal with it.

Basically, I cant piss into urinal if there is another man standing next me. I simply cant loose the muscles enough to urine even if I really try. Particularly if I do NOT need to piss that much.Therefore I always prefer to urine into toilet in cabin (sitting) than into urinal. And I am definitely not the only one, I notice everytime when I am in the club, there is queue of guys waiting for stall (cabin) even they can go to urinal and obviously I can see that guys in queue before were only pissing there.
    However if I need to piss a lot (after 3-4 beers) it is not problem anymore, I can piss anywhere, the problem is it only when I am "half-full".
    Just give you full picture, I have this as far as I remember from 6 years old or maybe sooner (so it is not recent or puberty thing).

What do you think night be a reason for it? I can rule some reasons out.
    1. It is not because of small dick - actually I belong to those lucky-ones with my 7.5 inches erected and 5.25 inches flaccid. I have no problem to show it.
    2. It is not because I am shy - I am exactly opposite I dont have problems be naked in gym's dressing room or even go swimming naked when there are people around.

What I think might be a reason:
    1. either I feel much sooner that I need to piss than I should normally feel and as I result it is hard to piss
    2. or for some reasons it is harder for me to relax and loose my pissing muscles as it normally should be.

What do you think? Any tips? Same experience?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

Simple - just wait until you are more full! :rolleyes:

Btw, what the hell is a "pisoar" and a "cabine" as these are not in the English language? :confused:

Deleted Account and JustinX like this.
  3. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Thanks for constructive feedback, I have corrected it in text however it dont allow me to correct mistakes in poll.
    So pisoar = pissoir or urinal and cabine = cabin or stall.

4. IGY

IGY Guest

Thanks for that.

Actually my brother has had this problem all his life. Unlike you, he was a very shy boy so I am sure it was nerves for him.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

I know someone who had it. It took years to get rid of the problem, but slowly over time he practiced intentionally facing it by using the restroom among others. In the end it was effective, but not even close to something he fixed overnight.

6. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

I'm a grower, not a shower, so my little guy looks like a lightswitch when is flaccid. So yeah, lately I don't give a rat's ass if someone looks, but I don't feel 100% confident doing it.

7. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

It is called urination shyness or shy bladder. I have it too. pmo is one of the causes

JustinX likes this.
  8. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

thanks @vulture175 I am so curious what Dr Google got to say about that

9. IGY

IGY Guest

I would be interested why you say that. I have never seen this listed as a PMO symptom. :eek:

10. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I have googled it and it is clear I have exactly ''Shy bladder'' ( proper medical term ''Paruresis''). I didnt realize but it is classified as a social fobia, one of most common actually which have or had estimated 4 million people just in United Kindom.
    More great info is here: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/shy-bladder-syndrome
    I also dont think it is caused by PMO. Like all the other phobias in the world it was triggered by an (embarrassing) accident sometimes in the past. That's confirmed by me & countless reports here (http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/paruresis/), people have developed it in early childhood or early puberty, long before starting PMO or long-term PMO effects.
    However if PMO was a part of that embarrassing accident, it could trigger it, but primary reason is still embarrassing accident in past not PMO itself.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  11. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

oh no, i mean pmo makes it worse. I guess the main cause is anxiety disorders, and with the support of pmo, then they become double anxiety. but thankful to this problem, i get to know where the secret washroom is, and the best time when nobody's around :p

12. HellThrash

HellThrash Fapstronaut

I have that problem sometimes.

When I was a teenager I didn't have that problem at all. I used to pee in front of my friend but the funny part was, I took a pee without telling nobody.

We used to make a circle with all the friends (around 6 and 10 guys... Sometimes girls too lol) and talk, have fun, planing what was the next move of the night, shit like that, so very slow I took my penes out and start peeing on the circle and one of my friend.... What's that noise? And my other friend.... OHHHHHH this mother f...... It's peeing over here!!!!!!! LoL

13. I was very shy growing up (something I am reasonably certain was caused or at least made worse by PMO), and one of the symptoms of that was shy bladder. Some people get it so bad that they literally can't go anywhere except in their own bathroom at home, so they can never go out for more than a few hours before they need to go home to pee. I was never that bad but believe it or not at my worst it was at the point where I couldn't even go in a locked cubicle in a public restroom if there was anyone else in any of the other cubicles, I had to wait until the whole bathroom was empty before I could go (unless I was really busting and had no choice).

I'm nowhere near that now, I can use a urinal reasonably comfortably unless I'm in the bathroom with someone I know, then it just gets weird, but with strangers I don't care. What really did it for me was learning/forcing myself to get over my shyness generally (which took years and was about as fun as it sounds), but also one trick I found that really helped (don't ask why, I don't know, but it did), was when I was in a cubicle, putting my fingers in my ears and closing my eyes so it felt like I was alone. Then, after doing that for a while, I progressed over time to using a cubicle with eyes open and ears unblocked, then to using a urinal, etc.

That may sound stupid...because it is, lol, but then I was well aware that shy bladder was a completely irrational fear anyway, so I guess its not surprising that my solution to it also made no logical sense.

14. Icyweb

Icyweb Fapstronaut

I have the same problem, especially when there's no divider between them. It helps me to aim, close my eyes, and picture a babbling creek, really see it, hear it. Then I'm able to relax and create my own little babbling creek.

15. Yeah I have it probably in the worst way possible. If I am alone in the mens room and I hear any kind of sound suggesting human presence in an adjacent room then I can't do it... even on a full bladder :D ..if I deduce it's a dog or other non-humanoid entity I am ok....

Frankly I don't see it as a 'problem'

I have constructed a new reality (in which you all live) where men who stand pee-ing are the ones with the problem.

Try this: pee wearing shorts and pay attention to your legs. Seriously: you are covering yourself in urine mist, it's disgusting. Also the stench in toilets that are not rigorously cleaned (as the toilet in my own house when I have male friends visiting for some time) is irrefutable proof that the general area is getting covered with a sheen of urine.

A little back story for those wanting to be amused; My mother was quite old when she had me and I am far from young now. She lived in continental europe during WWII and as a child witnessed boys in school being identified as jews and hauled off in trucks by having their pants pulled down to see if they were circumcised or not. I was born in the US but she, crazy emotional lady that she was, insisted for just this reason that her son not be circumcised, even though at the time (and perhaps location in US) all boys were circumcised. If I have anything qualifying as a childhood traumatic experience it is of those fucking communal showers after gym class having the entire class pointing at my dick jumping up and down in unison and yelling "Strident has a pipeline! Strident has pipeline!" over and over endlessly.