Prayer group

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by DudeFromAfrica, Jun 4, 2015.

1. DudeFromAfrica

DudeFromAfrica Fapstronaut

For any Christians out there, prayer has such power behind it:

Matthew 18, 19-20 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”​

I thought we could start a group, where anyone can ask for prayer over any matter (if you are just starting this journey, struggling with urges, feeling like you are going to relapse, stressed out, anything) and then prays for everyone else in the group who has asked before them.

Acts 12:5-7 "So Peter was kept in the prison, but prayer for him was being made fervently by the church to God. On the very night when Herod was about to bring him forward, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and guards in front of the door were watching over the prison. And behold, an angel of the Lord suddenly appeared and a light shone in the cell; and he struck Peter's side and woke him up, saying, 'Get up quickly.' And his chains fell off his hands".​

I know we aren't in a literal prison like Peter was, but figuratively we are imprisoned by PMO. We are part the church, lets asked God to help us out of our chains.

Edit (19 Oct 15): This group has grown more than I thought it would and turned into a support group as well as a prayer group, so please if you need some advice from your brothers and sisters feel free to post in here!

At the moment this group is only on the forum. To join all you have to do is post in this thread. There aren't any Whatsapp, Skype or email groups set up, although you are more than welcome to set one up yourself with other members in this thread

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    adept, MidwestMan, Sanc-Hos and 22 others like this.
  2. jason3

jason3 Fapstronaut

I'm in. Let me know what needs done.

3. Dutchguy85

Dutchguy85 Fapstronaut

4. DudeFromAfrica

Awesome! Nice to meet you Jason and Dutchguy ;)
    I'm thinking if we just post whats bothering us here (or PM's if you want).

For example for me: I've gotten to day 21 and I feel like I'm going strong, urges aren't so bad. My main problem now is I've been having wet dreams the past couple nights! I have exams and work at the moment and its just stressing me out (or perhaps the stress is causing the dreams). I'd appreciate if you agree with me in prayer that I can get through this patch, I don't intend on relapsing now because I can't get a stupid dream out my head.

Hope to hear from both of you (and anyone else that joins!)

jesusmysaviour likes this.
  5. Fro 29

Fro 29 Fapstronaut

Hey dudefromafrica.
    Don' t worry for the wet dreams , it' s the natural way that God put into us for the body rest to the sexual tensión , it's pretty normal . sorry for my english

6. Bruno Edson

Bruno Edson Fapstronaut

so, wet dreams doesn't count, right?

Fro 29 likes this.
  7. Dutchmonk

Dutchmonk Fapstronaut

beautifull initiative, count me in

8. EmptyHands-

EmptyHands- Fapstronaut

This group still accepting members? I'd be up for joining and I was under the impression wet dreams counted in hardmode. I totally hear you btw. A couple months ago I had more wet dreams then I ever remember having my teenage years. The enemy is fierce but Christ has given us authority over him through His name. Luke 10:18 Jesus was there when Satan and his angels were forced out of heaven, they got nothing on the Son of Man. I'd be happy to pray for you man.

9. insearchofme

insearchofme Fapstronaut

Hi everyone here.

Still accepting members? If yes you can count on me and my prayers as well.

I believe in the power of prayers and God's Word. If anything has convinced me that P is wrong, it's not only the destructive effects it has on my life, but the conviction from God's Word.

Will be praying for y'all

10. pleaseineedhelp

pleaseineedhelp Fapstronaut

Count me in guys. First day of relapsing. going for 40 days. you will all be in my prayers. Yeshua will hear all our prayers and they WILL be answered.

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

11. cartoon49

cartoon49 Fapstronaut

12. DudeFromAfrica

Thanks Fro29, and thanks to whoever prayed, I was able to have a decent nights sleep last night haha.

EmptyHands, wet dreams don't count even on hard mode I'm pretty sure. We are under very little control over them anyway. The Old Testament had big things that had to be done after a "nocturnal emission" but luckily we don't live under that anymore. This is a pretty good resource for anyone who wants to read about wet dreams and Christianity.

Hi to everyone that has joined. This group will always be accepting members. The more people we can get praying for one another the better. Even if you don't have time and just quickly ask God to be with everyone else on here, or just pray for the person who posted above you, He hears all our prayers. God will release us from these chains.
    Its awesome to see so many brothers (and sisters? not sure) on here. I'm going to bookmark this page, and make it a mission to sit down here every time I'm on the site and pray for each person who posts in here, anyone willing to join in doing that? The 90 day NoFapPrayer challenge haha.

jesusmysaviour and Gilbert like this.
  13. Esteban

Esteban Fapstronaut

Wet dreams don't count in Hard Mode

14. MotivatedV

MotivatedV Fapstronaut

Hey @DudeFromAfrica, I would love to join this group. Accountability and prayer are essentials to restrain from PMO. I will also be more in my bible during this process, feeling hopeful..!

15. Edward Dior

Edward Dior Fapstronaut

I'm not really religious, but I do believe this group would be good for steering me in the right pat and for support as well, so if you're still accepting I'd like to join.

jesusmysaviour likes this.
  16. DudeFromAfrica

Hey Esteban, MotivatedV and Edward! Welcome!

Edward do you mean your not Christian? Your still welcome to join in on this thread of course, if you feel you would like too!

MotivatedV, same, I really want to get more involved in my bible, I've downloaded the YouVersion app on my phone and started a few reading plans, many of which I could relate to this as well.

I feel like I'm going through a tough time at the moment, got uni exams, work to catch up (exams have set me back in my work) and been hit by a bit of temptation today. I appreciate your guys prayers. Anything anyone wants us to agree on in prayer specifically? How are you all doing?

Esteban likes this.
  17. shinjo123

shinjo123 Fapstronaut

Count me in, guys..
    I have major problems right now. PMO is the least of them. I'm in the no libido phase..
    I really need divine protection and intervention. Basically, I'm just asking that through all of this that all things will work together for good and that ultimately only Christ is glorified..

18. Esteban

Esteban Fapstronaut

No libido is what I want ! Give it to me !

19. pleaseineedhelp

pleaseineedhelp Fapstronaut

Praise Our Lord Jesus the anointed one! I have been very strong since i have join this group, I will continue my prayers now and forever! Holy Holy Holy is the creator of all things !! Thank you for this group and the strength we have borrowed from you. We will have our faith and grace for you and our salvation. Our Lord welcomes anyone to join him in his kingdom. Love is how He saves.

J.InToWin and malawiman like this.
  20. DudeFromAfrica

Lol Esteban! I feel the same haha!

Shinjo, God will help you through this. Its just a stage, you've trained your brain for years in one direction, and now you're training it back to normal. It may be difficult now, but it will get better with time. You might not feel like it ever will (trust me, I'm feeling like that right now) but nothing is impossible with God. Just stay strong! I will be praying for you my brother.

Amen pleaseineedhelp! All glory be to God, without Him where would we be! I'm so glad to hear you are going strong!