1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Prayer and fasting.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. cjman919

cjman919 Fapstronaut

If nothing else is working for you, you may have to fast and pray for a certain amount of time in order to be purged!

Why isn’t this knowledge more prevalent on this website?! It’s very important!

2. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

3. cjman919

cjman919 Fapstronaut

I’m talking about prayer and fasting!
    Sometimes, you can only be purged the fasting and prayer!

4. cjman919

cjman919 Fapstronaut

I have to, I think.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. shevro

shevro Fapstronaut

I agree! Fasting is a great method to break any addictive pattern.

6. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

As long as during that time you're always aware of the goal: Quitting this addiction, and don't fall back to: "Great, I just finished X days of fasting, good for me, I'll reward myself by PMOing..." - obviously not helpful. Don't forget your goal. If you need, think up of some other reward.

SomeRandomNatty and shevro like this.
  7. cjman919

cjman919 Fapstronaut

I can easily resist temptation when I’m awake, but my dreams are becoming filled with perversion, which I hate. Therefore, I am inclined to believe that I must fast, per the Savior’s instruction.

8. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

You can’t fast for 90 straight days

9. Hey, I'm working for change even now, but a real opportunity for me is the coming Ramadhan. It's a big deal for me because I want to do it properly this year. As in not just fast properly, but also pray properly with full of devotion to my GOD, Allah. Who's in? You don't have to be Muslim to experience the spirit of Ramadhan, join in with your Muslim friends. Muslims call Ramadhan the month of the people, it's a gift to us. Surely as stated, prayer and fasting help a lot, then what better month than that?