Posts in off-topic section should count

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by PMS, Jun 3, 2019.

1. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

Why don't off-topic posts count towards your total post-count. Makes no sense. I post a lot in the off-topic forum and my post count is still only in the 30ies. Even though I probably have 100+ posts on the forums. It also makes me look really popular because I have such an insane like/post ratio.

I usually prefer forums that don't display post-count or like-count. But if you do, it should count all posts. Well perhaps sandbox posts shouldn't be counted as they can be totally free of content. But I don't know cause I haven't been in there.

2. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

This has always been a controversial topic, no matter what we do, but we choose to have the post count include only posts that are PMO recovery related. As Offtopic can cover any other topic, we did not feel it was a good indicator for the site.

PMS likes this.
  3. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

I see. But what's the reasoning behind that? To encourage people to post about PMO more than off-topic stuff?

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

May I point out that @Alexander recently restored 'likes' to Sandbox posts. Perhaps he is willing to change this policy also.

PMS likes this.