1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Please write here, want to start reading Novels and books

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ANameThatStartsWithK, May 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ANameThatStartsWithK

ANameThatStartsWithK Fapstronaut

Hii,
    Please everybody can you please provide the number of Novels and books you have read through your life and also genre's ...
    I want to realise where I stand in the world .. I have read only 50 short- long medium sized Novels/ books in my life.
    I do realise I am the extreme worst in the world but please do provide your numbers and genre's.

My genre's have been childrens fantasy self help, religion and science, popular music and fiction ...

Thank you
    Beat regards

2. ANameThatStartsWithK

ANameThatStartsWithK Fapstronaut

These are pics of some books gifted to me by family members recently haven't read them ...

Attached Files:

3. Hey, 50 sounds ok.

Children/fantasy: 15- 20 long books (up to 400 pages)
    Historical Novels: 5 long 5 short
    Self help: 5 medium
    Maybe +10 medium books I dont want to break down in genre...

ANameThatStartsWithK likes this.
  4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

50 sounds alright. I've never counted how many books I've read, and I believe there are way more than 50, but I'm a bookworm, so there's something to be said about that.

5. ramiman

ramiman Fapstronaut

i finished about 90 books, i used to read one books in 2 month or more,
    i begun by the Russian literature, and some american novels like "the call of the wild" jack london, and now i'm planing to read a list of technology books, i want to increase my level in communication and some soft skills,
    reading is really a good habits it's a good thing...i advise you to read some shorts books, about 100 pages, and go step by step to the long books...
    and don't forget that reading the technology, scfi books, it's better than read romantic, drama and comics books or novels,

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  6. nickreb90

nickreb90 Fapstronaut

As far as genres are concerned I believe philosophy and classic literature are the deepest and most thought-provoking books you can read. However, don't shy away from inspiration autobiographies or quality self-help books for instance. A quality book is a quality book - period.

I try to read about 2-4 books per month every month. Last year I read 30 books for example and this year I have read 13 books so far. As far as recommendations I have written a post here on the forum if you would like to take a look:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...ilosophy-books-reviews-recomendations.233051/

ramiman likes this.
  7. Tzion

Tzion Fapstronaut

I read a lot of books as well. My suggestion to you is try to figure out what type of books you like. I personally enjoy history, and fiction with a smattering of other genres thrown in.

Don't worry about how much or little you have read and also don't worry about others reading practices. Reading is all about what you want to do. Just read what you like.

You could also try listening to audio books. Your library might be using a system called overdrive to do audio books. If so then download the app and start listening to audio books. Or you could get a membership to Audible and do the same thing.