1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Hollywood, stop remaking/rebooting movies ALREADY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 15, 2017.

1. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...s-986292?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct

I have freaking been pissed and annoyed with all of these remakes, reboots, revisits & reimagines I've heard in the last 8-10 years, so far. How many movies from the past Hollywood is going to remake/reboot, then what next? The Godfather? The Lord of the Rings into the television series? Gone With The Wind? Harry Potter into the television series? It seems that most of new intellectual properties are broken and the ones that do work are remakes/reboots. Young people (from pre-school to young adult) never watched the original properties is the problem? People nowadays don't want originality and they want nostalgia wrapped up with today's technology? And the reason is that Hollywood is afraid to take chances on new intellectual properties? 8 out of 10 of remakes/reboots in the last 10 years were considered bad and had no business being remade/rebooted. There are a lot of movies that they just DON'T remake/reboot. No matter how great their versions are, the originals will always have more fans because they had epic film-making and box office records. The original version of The Matrix is the movie that's considered as absolute classic. Movie studios need to save a bunch of money and don't remaking/rebooting:

-The Lord of the Rings
    -The Godfather
    -The Sound of Music
    -The Hunger Games
    -Gone With the Wind
    -Rocky
    -Dances With Wolves
    -Back to the Future
    -Saturday Night Fever
    -Titanic
    -Die Hard
    -Mission Impossible
    -Indiana Jones
    -Harry Potter
    -Crazy Heart
    -Purple Rain
    -Michael Jackson's Thriller (music video and short film altogether)
    -The Beatles' Help
    -Walk The Line
    -Rockstar
    -Willow
    -Casablanca
    -Platoon
    -This is Spinal Tap
    -Can't Buy Me Love
    -Alien vs Predator
    -The Crow
    -Game of Thrones
    -Breaking Bad
    -Gangs of New York
    -Underworld
    -War Horse
    -Forrest Gump
    -Cast Away
    -There Will Be Blood

I could go on. I'm not interested in new version of classic movies, that's why I don't waste my money or time to watch them in the theater or on cable. Again, to be honest, most of those remakes/reboots were lame because they're poorly acted, directed and written, with the exception of the Apes movies. I believe they're all $$$ and nostalgia grab for any reason and there is no need to be doing that so why studios have to do it is beyond me. Some of them are quick, some of them aren't quick. I'm of opinion of the masterpiece, The Matrix, should not be in development for another remake/reboot AT ALL. If a movie is perfect or as close to perfect as it gets then just LEAVE IT DAMN ALONE! An upgrade in special effects isn't worth a deal if you have no hope of getting equal or better acting to go along with it. This is why I don't watch those remakes/reboots in the theater or on cable. That's being said, most of them in the last 8 years were cash and nostalgia grab. It is really getting out hand!

2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

You forgot to mention film adaptions, especially of comics.

Star Lord and ZenoStyleLogic like this.
  3. señor

señor Guest

so you're saying you're not gonna see pirates of the caribbean 224

4. ZenoStyleLogic

ZenoStyleLogic Fapstronaut

5. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

For once in life, I completely agree with you on this. I HATE reboot films. It's a total waste of creativity, and ruins every original franchises!

Taylor25 and Star Lord like this.
  6. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

I won't be watching the matrix remake if they do indeed make it.

It's like Christopher Reeve is and always will be superman R.I.P
    Keane Reeves is and always will be the one...Neo.

Why they have to remake classics is beyond me. There's a reason they are classics...they are the frickin bomb.
    And should be treated like precious scrolls and never touched.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Taylor25 likes this.
  7. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

8. @Star Lord Christopher Reeves is and will always be the best Clark Kent/Superman ever told. Tim Burton Batman films will always be the best but Christian Bale's character shown the true origin of Brance Wayne/Batman in different way and Christoper Nolan's second film, The Dark Knight" will go down and is already considered the greatest film of all-time. Tobey Maguire's version of Peter Parker/Spider-Man is the best, too. ;)

meanbean70 likes this.
  9. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Very significant topic and something that has been discussed by others as well.

According to some psychologists, it's within human nature to be attracted to familiarity so that's why reboots are popular.

Also sequels too. Sequels also have the element of familiarity too just like reboots.

10. Today, it's all in for nostalgia and I freaking hate it.

11. Remember when Fast and Furious was about street racing? These guys are international criminals now lmaoo
    And I heard they confirmed a Fast & Furious 8,9 & 10 loll

12. For the most part I agree with you but I would n't mind another version of The Sound of Music. I have issues with the original since they're speaking English when in Austria they speak German. Also the true story is very different to the movie.

13. The Fast and the Furious = Call of Duty, McDonald's and Nickelback of cinema

14. I found myself getting really angry while watching the latest F&F because it was so dumb! I won't be seeing the new one even if you paid me!

Taylor25 likes this.
  15. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

American cinema has sucked for several years now. Especially the big blockbusters are garbage full of PC politics and casting based on quotas rather than for making a good movie. There are a lot of good Asian films if you don't mind subtitles. Pretty much anything is better than the endless explosions and hackneyed triteness of American cinema.

Television I find has been pretty good, but it also is full of PC crap.

Worst comic book adaption I've seen has got to be 'Riverdale'. Maybe because it's a show for teens, but that show was terrible. I only watched half an episode, but I got to wonder why they borrowed the names from Archie comics?

I think most of the Marvel movies suck! I liked Blade, and I've liked some of the DC movies. I thought Christian Bale's Batman, despite the cheesy voice, was great.

16. Not going to happen.

17. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut