1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning to buy my gf makeup but clueless. Help!

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by juliangiver27, Jan 11, 2018.

1. juliangiver27

juliangiver27 New Fapstronaut

My girlfriend is every definition of a classy lady. She’s one elegant woman with a rocking personality. It was no surprise that I got starstruck when I met her in Ukraine during a romance tour thing. Ever since the event, we’ve been going on many dates where she would tell me some of her favorite things and hobbies.

One of her fave activities putting on makeup. I just love the way her eyes light up when she talks to me about her makeup collection and everything that has the word “makeup” on it. So, as a upcoming birthday gift, I was thinking of buying her some expensive branded makeup. Okay, this goes without saying but as a typical man, I ABSOLUTELY am clueless with makeup.

Any gents out there who have some kind of idea on what kinds of makeup I should get my special lady? There’s so many details to know about getting the right makeup that I would just give up on myself when searching for one either online or at the mall. Even with the help of sales clerks, I still would end up scratching my head.

I seriously need your help on this! Any brands I need to consider? What kind of makeup brush is the right brush? What’s a foundation? Should I just get her a whole kit? HELP!

2. Get her a gift card to makeup place

3. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

I tend to shy away from buying people things they're really into. On one hand it shows you like that aspect of them, and pay attention. But on the other they can get exactly what they want better than you could. So buying gifts I try to give something new I think they'd be interested in.

Sorry if that ended up off-topic, I know nothing of make-up. :p

4. Does she have any apps/accounts with Pinterest, Etsy, and etc? If she does then I would recommend looking at what she saves and pins and then buying from those brands/people.

kropo82 likes this.
  5. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Sephora.
    If she loves makeup she will love any thing from there.
    Go... Be happy.
    Make her happy.

GG2002 likes this.
  6. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I am female. This is an excellent suggestion.

kropo82 likes this.
  7. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

Makeup is tough. I would check out her Pinterest if she has one as one guy suggested or Sephora is a great GiftCard like @Kenzi suggested. You could check out what makeup she uses when at her place. Or just ask her what her fav makeup is. I love MAC.

Kenzi and Jennica like this.
  8. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

Kenzi likes this.
  9. mcgrim

mcgrim Fapstronaut

All good suggestions made above. My SO is very particular about what she gets so when I do buy makeup either she tells me exactly what she wants or I make a note of what she buys at the store.

Unfortunately you are probably not at the point of shopping with her, but when you are pay attention for future reference. Taking pictures after they walk away helps you get the right stuff when you go back to the store at a later date :).

kropo82 likes this.
  10. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

I will add about the Mac Prostores. The Technicians are professional makeup artists not just an employee. You can get a gift card and see about an appointment with a tech and they can teach her the ins and outs of proper applications of their products. I have a few friends that are known artists and believe me it’s true art to get makeup right even when think your good at. I learned a lot from my BF in application and assisting her on jobs.

Kenzi likes this.