1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Planning a Trip for my One Year Goal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MelancholyWeightlifter, Nov 23, 2014.

1. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

So in 122 days, the end if March 2015, I will have accomplished one full year of NoFap. I'd like to plan a Weightlifting pilgrimage of sorts, where I travel around and visit a lot of famous gyms to train with other lifters. I'm going alone, just to reflect on the year of NoFap, how it has helped me and how Weightlifting got me through the tough times. For me, lifting and NoFap are intertwined. They both help each other. I'm starting to save now, I'd like to go sometime around April or May.

2. NU-LIFE

NU-LIFE Fapstronaut

That's awesome man. Good for you! I started lifting recently too. PR'd my snatch yesterday, and my c+j a couple weeks ago. Makes you feel really good when you do that shit. Congrats on 244 man!

3. MelancholyWeightlifter

Nice! What are your lifts at? I just PRd my snatch yesterday too, 98kg.

4. NU-LIFE

NU-LIFE Fapstronaut

Holy! 98kg that's sick bro! I hope to get there one day. I hit 180#, so I gues that's just under 90kg. The c+j 235#. About 112kg I think. How long have you been lifting for?

5. MelancholyWeightlifter

Nice lifts man. I've been Weightlifting for one year. Before that I was doing some powerlifting stuff for a couple months.

I love it man. It's so addicting. I'm going to try to make it to the 2016 American Open as a -105. I'm assuming you live in the U.S.?

6. NU-LIFE

NU-LIFE Fapstronaut

Awesome man. It's such a rush. I started with Crossfit about a year and a half ago. Fell in love with it, but was always mediocre at best with my lifts. About 8 months ago I started a lifting routine. I got some good technique then went back to Crossfit. It was just about 10 weeks ago I started a strength routine, and everything's going through the roof. I'm finished my program in a couple weeks, and I can't wait to get back to Crossfit. I'm gonna start training for a competition in February.

105 nice. You must be a big boy. That's wicked your gonna compete. I don't think I could do a weight competition. To much pressure to hit the lifts. I would be in the 85kg class. Bottom end though. If I worked really hard on losing a bit of weight I could hit 77, but what's the point lol. I actually live in b.c. Canada. I sent you a friend request.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  7. MelancholyWeightlifter

It's really fun to compete. I recommend it! This will be my fourth competition on Dec. 6th. That's cool you're doing a CF comp though. Competitions are great motivators.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014