Personallized Inspiration Board?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Reverent, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

Excuse me if this somehow exist:

I would find it very useful if I had a board, journal, thread or something where I could quote others remarkable insights for future reference. I can like or watch but these get cluttered.

I imagine as I read someone's thread I come across a particular quote. I love it and want to add it to my recovery whiteboard. I would select the post or quote, or multiquote and instead of replying to the thread I would post it to my personal space. Over time this space (public or private) would be filled with quotes of others with username and date. Clicking any quote would take me back to that thread.

I don't know the limitations of the programming of this forum, but it seems similar to what we have in reply tools, maybe it's possible. Please consider, thanks.

2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

3. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Are you aware how you would do that? You would click the "quote" button under the post that you want to save, and go to the end of that thread and click "Insert Quotes" in the text box at the end of the thread you are quoting from. Cut the resulting quoted message and paste it into the thread where you are collecting quotes then tidy it up (if you only need part of it). You'll end up with something like this:

4. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

@kropo82 Yeah I kind of get that. But won't that be a thread others could respond to and messy it up. Also like per your example, the quote doesn't hyperlink me to the original thread,(context) nor does it show a timestamp of when it was said.

5. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

You're right about the messing, but not about the hyperlink. If you click on the arrow next to your name in the quote I put in my previous post in this thread it'll take you back to the post of your's in its original thread.

Reverent likes this.
  6. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut