1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

personality types (myers briggs) poll added, please no haters

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 7, 2018.

what is your personality type?

1. intj/entj

21.7%
  2. intp/entp

24.5%
  3. infj/enfj

17.0%
  4. infp/enfp

18.9%
  5. istj/estj

4.7%
  6. isfj/esfj

5.7%
  7. istp/estp

5.7%
  8. isfp/esfp

1.9%
  1. they say for every 8 who prefer the light there will be 2 who prefer the dark, all infjs are alike but the 2 out of 10 will be slightly different. Also the t at the end makes a difference injf-t will be different than infj-a. Also when it says you draw unwanted attention, it means your warm, welcoming aura draws people in, it makes a lot of people want to open up to you, because the vibes you give off makes them feel like they can trust you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2018
  2. Meyers Briggs is unreliable, research has consistently found it has low predictive power. That means that they fail to to predict behavior based on personality type. The big 5 is much better. It is A) predictive of behavior and B) those predictions are meaningful. For example: some big 5 personality types are much more likely to have a lasting marriage than other types.

E.g they found that couples wherein both partners are highly conscientious (organized and disciplined), agreeable (kind and patient), and emotionally stable (calm and easygoing) rarely divorce. You can predict divorce rates with a high degree of accuracy just based on those 3 things.

handbandit likes this.
  3. well everyone i have ever made take the test told me its 100% accurate so not sure what to tell you

4. They use overly general descriptions. E.g, they say intp's may be 'reserved around strangers but gregarious around friends'...kind of like most people.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. i was just talking with an intp and he agreed with everything the test said, just because it sounds like a general thing does not mean it is, it is far more complex than that, every type is unique and the way they act is, unless you are said type you cant fully understand them. Like i said in the title please do not come here taking about how much you dont believe the test, this is for like minded people willing to learn and open their minds, if you dont believe it fine but please dont bring that here.

6. Last part is spot on for sure.

BravelyKegger likes this.
  7. the myers briggs does it 100% accurately
    see i think a lot of people dont understand the test because they dont know what its talking about unless given an example. The US army uses this test so that should help reassure you on its legitimacy.

8. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

While I enjoy taking these personality tests I believe that human personalities are far too complex to be categorized by a simple online multiple-choice questionnaire.

... and, yes, I am certain that my belief puts me in a particular personality category: probably "realist".

9. lucentio

lucentio Fapstronaut

This is the same US Army that believes women should be integrated into combat units, right?

10. women complain about equality all the time so yah i see nothing wrong with this.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. yah really lol

12. the test doesnt determine everything about you, just how you think, process information, and other core things about you, of course not everyone will be the same because everyone has different life experiences, and things like how they were raised, but they still fall under one of those types, they way they process that life experience is determined by personality type. I am sorry you cant accept who you are, mabie you should sit down and really think about yourself and what the test is telling you, i am an infp and i grew up an outcast because of it, so dont tell me types dont exist, your just in denial. If types are not real than why does the test explain me better than i can even explain myself, this test let me know why i was bullied in school, why i am so different, why i am an outcast, why i feel emotions so deeply compared to most people, why i have this desire to save the world and make people smile, why i understand emotions so well that i can know exactly how you feel by just glancing at you, why i am such a procrastinator, why i am such a non conformist, why i value authenticity above all else, so dont you dare tell me personality types dont exist, every single damn person i have made take the test acts exactly like other people i know with the same type, i cant stand close minded people like you, you must not believe in psychology at all if you feel the way you do, you are likely an estj or some close minded type like that, well whatever if you want to live your close minded life than go ahead. I cant stand people who try to marginalize me, by saying bullshit like oh those traits general things everyone feels, that shit pisses me off more than anything, unless you are an infp than you will never understand me, not saying you said that but this goes out to anyone who tries to act like my gifts are something everyone has equally, each type has things they do better than any other type. The only one who has the ability to say i know what you feel are my infp brothers and sisters, no one else, i take great pride in my personality type so fuck anyone who tries denying me. I problably went off a little to much so i apologize, i just very much value people who are willing to be open minded and give things a try, so many people are so busy saying oh thats bullshit without actually looking into it or taking the test, its like someone saying oh i dont want to watch that tv show it looks stupid, well if you never actually open your mind and give it a chance than how will you ever know if it is or not?, such close mindedness does absolutely nothing for a person, there are so many great anime i would have missed out on if i never gave them a chance, because i thought they looked stupid, until i actually watched them and i ended up understanding them and loving them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018
  13. infj is the rarest, and i dont know anyone saying they want to be a intj, i am perfectly happy as an infp and i wouldnt change it at all.

14. yah they are intjs so thats what they put also that is intj/entj so they could be either, you realize anyone in the world can come onto this website so literally any type can be on here, its not odd there is a lot of rare types.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2018
  15. nice!