1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

personality types (myers briggs) poll added, please no haters

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 7, 2018.

what is your personality type?

1. intj/entj

21.7%
  2. intp/entp

24.5%
  3. infj/enfj

17.0%
  4. infp/enfp

18.9%
  5. istj/estj

4.7%
  6. isfj/esfj

5.7%
  7. istp/estp

5.7%
  8. isfp/esfp

1.9%
  1. estj is a nice type

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Point taken and agreed on. Also the questions too me are not relative to everyone. What if you do not work?

3. The main reason i do not believe in personality checks, is because most persons have that other side to them. In a dynamic environment, adaptability is always present... hence no one fixed personality type is set for life. I might change tomorrow.
    Also i hate how this world views multiple personalities... its like they are always bad persons.

4. i have been alive for 20 years, i have gone through a lot of changes in 20 years, but not my personality, only my knowledge of right and wrong. You can change your view on things but you will still be the same person. In the end the only thing that changes is your knowledge not your personality. The way you choose to approach that knowledge is greatly, mostly influenced by your personality type. I could get mugged tomorrow and that might make me more cautious, but my personality wont change because of that, only my life experience will change, and i have been mugged before so i know your personality wont change in a day, your personality IS who you are, you cant change that. Why do you think some people are artists and some are mathematicians?, some are the quiet kids in school and some are the loud outspoken kids, some are the poets and some are scientists. Every personality type has something they excel at better than anyone else, and estj can never understand the emotional depth of an infj, and an infj can never understand an estjs logical abilities. Just go on youtube and type in a random personality type, i guarantee you they will all be talking and saying the same things. If you just take time to study the types and people than you will agree with me 100%. Heck just pay attention to people around you and youll notice it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2018
  5. same here, my personality is the same from when i was a kid, the only change is my life experience, but i will always be who i am and that is an infp.

6. not to sure about the science thing, but the only thing that will change is your mental health, that is why you have healthy infps and unhealthy infps, Not sure why it is so hard for people to understand, i think they just get confused mabie. Like personality types are not a hard concept to understand and makes perfect sense when you actually read into it and think about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2018
  7. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Hi twin :)

8. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Same.
    The only time I change is when I let my shadow traits take over

9. exactly

0111zerozero11 likes this.
  10. ? ? ?

? ? ? Fapstronaut

11. nice!

? ? ? likes this.
  12. Well, if personality were a subjective concept then all personality tests would be meaningless, not just this one.

No need for teleporting someone in your head (could be painful), but including a second party in the evaluation process would lend some credibility to it. Letting a psychologist analyze your behavior/speech/handwriting/whatever would be a bit more objective than filling a survey asking you "are you emotional or logical?". I don't feel competent answering such broad questions since there's a clear conflict of interests; I obviously wouldn't want to admit in front of anyone else or even myself that I'm illogical (if I were which of course I'm not ;))

The primary issue I have, though, is that there's just no science backing mbti whatsoever. Ask any researcher and they'll tell you that Myers and Briggs are both full of crap. If you absolutely insist on a personality survey, use Big Five. There's been some statistical analysis of language suggesting that the types generated by this methodology might exist in the real world. Too soon to jump to conclusions though.

If you just want to have fun then ditch mbti and do the Sorting Hat quiz. I'm a Gryffindoor btw.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  13. Behavior and other outside factors are good indicators for personality, but it's still no guarantee or objective enough to really say what is going on inside someone's head which also defines their personality. But I agree that such outside observation and analyzing by an objective professional perspective is overall more objective than answering some questions about yourself.

Also, Grumbledore here.

14. im sorry you cant accept yourself.

15. listen guys, i respect all opinions but please do not post here talking about how you think the test is bull, you obviously dont know anything about it nor want to so please leave your comments out of this thread, which is meant for people who wish to gain knowledge and open their minds to new things.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  16. intp-profile.png
    my friend is an intp so this rings so many bells haha