1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Personality Functions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by vulture175, Jun 28, 2017.

1. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

In MBTI, each personality type has 4 functions instead of 4 letters
    [​IMG]

The first two are the most preferred functions, the last two are the least preferred functions. The 4 functions are named as the dominant - the auxiliary - the tertiary - the inferior. Tertiary and inferior are the least preferred functions yet they are helpful to each personality type. They can motivate, enlighten to help a type develop.

For example, an INFJ has 4 functions Ni Fe Ti Se, INFJ can use its least preferred: Ti Se, thinking about something concrete instead of feeling about something abstract Ni Fe. Such activities' content can be about car engine, electronic stuffs.

An INFP has 4 functions Fi Ne Si Te, INFP can use Si Te, strictly follow orders and be objective instead of being creative and personal. ie: accounting, librarian

An INTJ has 4 functions Ni Te Fi Se, INTJ can use Fi Se, feeling about smt concrete instead of thinking about smt abstract. ie: art crafts, cute handmade stuffs.

Aiyoshi and A41:14A like this.
  2. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I am one of the rare one's ... INFJ

3. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

I see many infjs really enjoy making hand-made stuffs, decorating or taking photos

4. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

I don't know about others but I do love using Si Fe to learn and connect with others as an INTP. It's relaxing.

5. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

Cooking, cleaning house, planting trees, summer camping :p. The last two functions are called "the enlightening functions" :p. I see some INTPs love planting flowers, then they start learning, analyzing different flowers, finally fall back to their own preferences (Ti Ne) :p

Aiyoshi likes this.
  6. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    MBTI is a cool area of study. Pretty sure I'm an NT but also not always. Weird.