1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Permanent Semen Retention? Non-religious discussion

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dake1963, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

I just wanted to make contact with others who see Monk Mode Nofap as a more or less permanent thing.

I have been frankly amazed at the improvement in my mood, energy levels and ability to concentrate and focus since doing NoFap. I literally don't know how to explain it.

I have done a lot of searching for non-religious explanations, as I am naturally a bit skeptical about chakras, invisible spiritual energy flows etc. Apart from the chapter by Napoleon Hill, I literally haven't found much of help, although I have searched under 'semen retention', 'sexual transformation', 'sexual sublimation', etc.

I have my own thoughts about NoFap being a type of mindfulness (as in Cognitive Behavior Therapy) but it is just a guess.

Anyways, please do contribute if you come across any interesting links or have ideas to contribute from a non-religious point of view.

Cheers.

2. My ultimate goal is permanent semen retention. Yet I still want to have regular sex an occasional orgasm. So for that to happen I have to figure out how to have orgasms without ejaculation and how to greatly increase my control to not ejaculate during sex, cos abstinence increases my sensitivity by tons and it's hard to hold back for long. Maybe I will go celibate eventually, when I'm old enough. But that's not for now.

So I am working on learning and practicing these things. Pretty skeptical about a lot of methods too. Chakras, Chi energy, etc; I am still not quite sure whether these things are real or simply made up magical explanations of biologic phenomena we don't yet understand. Cos that's what humans tend to do. We see sun coming up every morning and we make up stuff to explain it, such as God. So that's what Chi energy and Chakras might be. But I am still learning about all of it cos these things are mainly practical and can be tested. For me what's the most important questions are "does it work" and, if it does, "how can I apply it". Not so much "why it works". But that's just me. Still fun to think of "why" anyways though.

So far doing my research I am leaning towards an explanation of bio-electric energy. It's information within our nerves. That's how our body works. It sends electric signals from our brain to our arm (or any other body part) and so we can move that arm. We work as a electric machine. Only instead of wires we use biological wires called nerves to send information by using electric signals. That is I think what Chakras are; nerve centers in human body. And Chi energy is simply electricity. By training our brains and body-mind connection we can learn to consciously send electric charge with certain information to specific areas of the body.

My idea is that the more electric charge the human body holds on a higher capacity it can function. Kinda like a mobile phone. Once the battery is low it usually shuts down some functions (such as Facebook notifications) to conserve energy. It goes into energy saving mode. Same for human body. Less electric charge it has it's priorities change. When our "battery" is low we conserve energy by slowing down certain functions because that energy is more necessary to things like vital organs and basic brain function. But while our electric charge is in abundance extra features can be turned on, such as better focus, better mood, more energy for workouts, etc.

We accumulate that bio-electric energy via eating food. So that's how we charge ourselves. This is how we power our cells. If we do not ejaculate for long time the electric tension within our nerves (usually nerves of genitals) builds up. We can then release it by converting it into physical work. That's basic physics. And that's what orgasm does. Part of that bio-electric energy that is accumulated within our nerves is used to power muscle contractions and to power production of certain hormones. Then even more of that electric charge within our nerves is used to power production of new sperm cells, that's the major one. But if we do not use that energy for that purpose we can learn meditations to train our brain to be able to consciously direct that bio-electricity through our nerves. It can then be moved through all our body and to brain energizing it.

That's my theory anyways. It's based on what we understand about human body from scientific perspective. It's a scientific fact that human body holds electric charge and it's also a scientific fact that this electric charge is used as a way how to transmit information through nerves.

Now of course one could approach this whole thing from physiological perspective as well. Also from hormonal perspective. I simply prefer the bio-electrical explanation because I think it plays the most major role in this. But it's probably a combination of multiple things.

j__todd, daggz12 and Fatal like this.
  3. You might be more knowledgeable on this subject than me but that sounds extremely dangerous and could only lead to a negative side-effect for you since your body parts have contracted in a way to push the semen out, so if it doesn't come out and instead stays in, well, logically that seems risky no?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Not if done properly.

Ask a lifelong monk how celibacy is treating them...

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

Sorry I have no advice outside of spiritual advice!

Best wishes!

6. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have had sex without ejaculating, a number of times in the past. It's really cool, I found I got more energy. Here's how it seemed to work: I would practice contracting my PC muscles (you can look this up, google, etc.). This gives you strength to withhold your ejaculation while still enjoying sex. You instead work on pleasing your partner while also absorbing their energy. Of course, I would want to eventually ejaculate from time to time as well. It is quite possible and sometimes your partner just orgasms before you by default. Hope this helps.

Deleted Account and kayesem like this.
  7. No, I don't think so. Orgasm and ejaculation are physically two separate things. It's just happens to be that they happen simultaneously. Ejaculation reflex can be separated from orgasm and with practice we can train to shut it off.

Basically there are two systems that contract during ejaculatory orgasm. One system is a group of muscles; the pleasant feeling of orgasm. And another system is a group of tissues that are not, if I remember correctly, technically muscles; epididymis (short tubes around your testicles), vas deferens (long tubes that goes out of your scrotum area to prostate area), seminal vesicles (glands that create fluid for sperm to travel within) and prostate (some more fluid to travel within plus major force to push semen out of the penis). Between all of those prostate is the only one you can usually feel and get any pleasure from contracting. All the other things you would not feel contracting. This system is responsible for ejaculation and is activated by different nerve nerves than pleasurable muscle contractions.

By activating this system of ejaculation separately from orgasm one would simply jizz without any muscle contractions of orgasm; things would come out without any pleasure of force. Because both of these systems are activated by different nerve signals they can be separated. Nerve signals can be interrupted by muscle flexing techniques. In the end result body parts that are responsible for ejaculation does not contract, only the pleasurable part does. So there is nothing dangerous about it. It's kinda like doing pull-ups at gym; during exercise you work your back muscle as well as your biceps, yet you can also isolate just biceps by doing a bicep curl instead. The same way here are two different systems that can be separated. Shutting down contractions of one and letting other contract.

In the end result is the same as doing kegel exercises. Only then muscles are not being contracted by you but by body automatically and you feel pleasure in brain. But just as you don't ejaculate while doing kegels (cos these muscle contractions has very little to do with ejaculation, otherwise every time you would do kegels you would ejaculate) and there is nothing dangerous about doing kegels you also don't ejaculate during orgasm, and there is nothing dangerous about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2017
    Discípulo likes this.
  8. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

That sounds dangerous and to me ruins the entire experience. Why would you do that?

9. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I suspect that 'permanent semen retention' is impossible. The male body has wet dreams for a reason ... and those happen while you're subconscious. I'm sure fifty of you will pipe in and tell me about how you absolutely can control wet dreams, but I don't see how you can control anything that happens when you're not conscious.

But this is just my opinion. I imagine that even if you can't retain permanently, just the intention alone will bring a ton of benefits.

kayesem likes this.
  10. Dake1963

Dake1963 Fapstronaut

Not ejaculating is bad for you ? Is it possible for you to explain why or refer to some sources?

My understanding is that it might weaken the pubococygeal muscles, which might be an issue if you otherwise have urine continence issues. Anything else?

11. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

Yeah I have no desire to be a monk

leo da king likes this.
  12. Discípulo

Discípulo Fapstronaut

I agree with you Shugi Shugi, i´m in the same path as you but not all people would understand it, much less practice it. Only a man of Tao is ready for taking such a hard task and in the way, getting all the benefits that come with it. It is for those who look for the long term benefits and those who do not want to cope with the ailments of old age. You don´t need to be a monk to practice permanent semen retention, in fact, you can be an ordinary person but with some extras such us multiorgasmic sex :p. I think we agree on that this is the first of many benefits of this lifestyle.

13. Except there isn't a reason the body needs wet dreams. Wet dreams being necessary to empty the body of semen == a complete myth.

Your body does not need wet dreams at all. They are a response to excess arousal during sleep and not to "having too much sperm stored up". Your body is constantly breaking down old semen and replacing it. So a guy who has been doing NoFap for 3 years and hasn't ejaculated once (not even a single wet dream) has no more semen in there than a guy who has been doing it for a couple of weeks.

The reason for example that wet dreams are common during puberty is due to the sudden increase in testosterone. A sudden increase in testosterone can cause wet dreams, due to the excess arousal. Many steroid users experience this same effect.

I personally went over 300 days without a wet dream, and the only reason I ended up having one was because I allowed myself to fantasise before bed. Sexual fantasy before bed is the number one cause of wet dreams, since the things you think about before sleep carry over into your dreams. So if you're thinking about sex, MO, etc, then you'll likely have at least one dream about that (even if you don't remember it), and wet dreams are at their heart all a result of having sexual dreams.

Now our dreams are often created in very abstract manners, so, even not thinking about sexual thoughts before bed - there is still a small chance that some other fleeting sexual thought from the day will carry over into your dreams, causing a sexual dream, and you waking up finding you had a wet dream.

So unless you intend to never think a sexual thought or get aroused again, there is a luck component - you might do everything correctly and still rarely get a wet dream. However, for many people, simply doing everything correctly will be enough to avoid wet dreams for life. So the idea that it is impossible is definitely not true.

---

Anyway, as for whether or not to do it. I personally take a middle ground stance. I do not wish to waste ejaculation on masturbation, and I do wish to learn karezza to avoid wasting it a lot of the time during sex too, but I do not think I would seek to avoid it entirely. I think the benefit from avoiding it entirely is only slightly bigger than the benefit of avoiding regular ejaculation, and so I think there is a delicate balance there that needs to be taken into account when making your decision. So for me the end goal is just to keep ejaculation (from sex) from being frequent, and to avoid masturbation entirely.

14. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Yes, I can vouch for this. I was talking with my GP (family doctor) about what I was doing (NoFap) because I was worried I would end up with prostate problems and she spoke with me candidly and told me that semen is, as you've stated @JesusGreen, broken down constantly and recycled back into the body and that there's no causal link between not masturbating and getting prostate problems/cancer. In fact, she told me that when men are diagnosed with prostate cancer, many will ask how they could have got it when they have regularly released semen through either masturbating or a regular sex life. She told me that the simple fact is, men are susceptible to prostate cancer as women are susceptible to breast cancer. Live long enough and a lot of men would have dodgy prostates. Retaining semen is not an issue pertaining to it. There are plenty of foods which actively help the prostate and that's a route to go down if anyone here is worried. Pumpkin seeds, pomegranates, oily fish like salmon, green leafy vegetables, seeds, nuts and other things besides.

Deleted Account and JesusGreen like this.
  15. It can be argued that if one de-trains their body from ejaculation while having orgasm then they might permanently shut down ejaculation reflex, or at least make it so it's hard to ejaculate when one they would want to (which would be fine for me cos I never intend to reproduce). That's a theory. But personally I don't think it would happen, we would simply train ourselves to be able to consciously choose when to ejaculate. But the idea that body would not produce any sperm is complete nonsense. There is always sperm. Even for monks who has been celibate for many decades there is still sperm, even tho sperm count might decrease and sperm become weaker it does not stop being produced and probably would turn back to normal once frequent ejaculation is re-introduced. Sperm that is not ejaculated is re-absorbed by the body and new sperm is then created.

kayesem likes this.
  16. You must be trolling by saying that, right lol? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  17. HeadAche

HeadAche Guest

This!
    I tried to do the semen retention thing, even while having sex but ended up having consecutive wet dreams and releasing while asleep.
    But there is something to, semen retention.

18. I am new to NoFap and I am interested in semen retention with sexual continence during sexual activity.

19. daggz12

daggz12 Fapstronaut

Hi Shugi. This website may be of some interest to you. It was recommended to me by the Shaman who performed by Ibogaine treatment https://www.heartmath.org/

20. daggz12

daggz12 Fapstronaut

*my ibogaine treatment