1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Percentage of your day: work / with SO / with kids / with SO+kids / with friends / solo?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TryingHard2Change, Jan 14, 2018.

1. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

I don't know if this thread idea is going to work .. but I am going to give it a try.

I had this thought / this question: What percentage of people's time is spent at work versus with your SO versus by yourself versus with friends, etc.???

The main driver behind this is related to % of time with friends versus % of time with SO-or-kids versus % of time by yourself. And maybe this whole question really doesn't serve any positive purpose -- and it's just curiosity. But it got me thinking about how those percentages are pre- and post-DDay.

I think it's something both PA's and SO's can do .. if an SO is a stay-at-home-mom, I think "work time" would be the number of hours spent "housewife'ing" (a term my wife established a couple years ago .. it's mostly said with a jolted, satirical tone to it). If both spouses work .. I guess put household chores under [me solo] or [me+SO] if you do the work together??

Anyway .. if people want to go through the effort of computing # of hours / opening up Calculator (Windows key-R and type "calc" for Windows users) and figuring out percentages .... it might be interesting to compare and contrast???

I think estimating weekly numbers makes the most sense...some things to consider:
    * for [work time], add in commuting to/from work
    * if you work different hours every week..depending on projects and deadlines..just estimate how many hours per week you work
    * let's base the total number of hours on 'waking hours'--so if you average 8 hours per sleep a night => there are 112 hours in a week (you are awake)
    * for [me+SO time] .. I'm thinking of things like dates out, time where you two are just hanging out talking, grocery shopping together, intimate time together, etc.
    * for [me+SO+kids time] (if you have kids) .. I'm thinking like dinner time together, dinner out together, attending sporting events together, etc.
    * for [me+kids time] (if you have kids) .. anything you do one-on-one with your child or children
    * for [me+friends time] .. self-explanatory I think?
    * for [me time] .. self-explanatory I think?

So I'm going to give a total WAG (wild ass guess) at this, as an example really -- not really MY NUMBERS. (I need to give this some more thought) But if this comes out well, it can be a template for all of us.

[adjust the numbers in green]
    Avg # of Hours of Sleep Per Day: 8 hours [adjust accordingly]
    Total # of Waking Hours Per Week: (24 - 8) * 7 = 112 hours

Code:
    * [me working] = 60 hours .. 54%
    * [me+SO]      = 25 hours .. 22%
    * [me+SO+kids] = 12 hours .. 10%
    * [me+kids]    =  4 hours ..  4%
    * [me+friends] =  2 hours ..  2%
    * [me solo]    =  9 hours ..  8%

Lastly, if I am forgetting any category of time .. let me know.

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 likes this.
  2. Queenie%Bee

Queenie%Bee Fapstronaut

Mines easy . My hubs and I own a convenience store together , go to gym together , basically are almost always together . ( for the last 15 years , before during and after PA ) unless I play hookie cuz I want to kick him in the nuts
    We are together a lot lol

3. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

These are answered for my PA husband.
    * [me working] = 55 hours 49%
    * [me+SO] = 15 hours 13%
    * [me+SO+kids] = 40 hours 36%
    * [me+kids] = 1 hours - 2%
    * [me+friends] = 0 hours 0%
    * [me solo] = 0 hours 0%

He has never been one to go hang with friends and doesn't want much alone time, that's just what he chooses (I couldn't do that!). So that's an average week. Not that way all the time.

4. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

@NF4L ans I are in a funny boat with this one. We have spent most of our time together on and off the last 5 years.
    We work together again and we don’t go out much to save money so we usually have dinners at home with family & friends a couple of nights a month so that’s hard to qualify.
    We don’t have kids as mine is grown up now so it’s about being grandparents and that can be all over the place with our granddaughter living in a different city.

This time around working together has been awesome compared to previous but it became awesome with all our recovery work.
    We are physically around each other almost 100% of the time right now but we can comfortably focus on what we are individually doing separately at home and work. We have somehow mastered the divide and conquer while spending a lot of time together.