PAs that think they are helpful...

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Kenzi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

In the SOs journal section.
    That actually aren't helpful.
    They can be pushy, rude, condescending, judgemental, triggering, and not accepting of the fact that when the OP asks nicely "please leave", to just leave and let a issue go.
    Often this borders on harassment and can keep the user from enjoying the site...
    Or sometimes the user will just hide away in a group, keeping others from their valuable life experiences that they were sharing.
    I have always believed the SOs should have a edict byline for the journals section.
    I am asking again, exactly what can be done about this, please.
    Thank you for listening.
    - Kenzi

2. I don't think I am opposed to what you are asking for. But what is an edict byline? :confused:

3. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

A set of manner rules, essentially.
    Guidelines for being nice

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Which is BS because people should just be able to be nice and respectful anyway

Truegamer007 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Yeah, I've seen that, and it's been a little ridiculous. It's upsetting when someone comes onto the SO's journal and is asked to leave and they don't.

Kenzi and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Yes, that is true, they should. I do not think additional rules are required. Just report any breaches of the existing rules which cover this issue.

vxlccm and Castielle like this.
  7. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Reporting does not always get a response.
    And then you have a continuous problem when the gaslighting continues and people with betrayal trauma feel attacked in the place where they are supposed to be safe.

8. I am deeply saddened to hear this. :(

Castielle, Tannhauser and Kenzi like this.
  9. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I am deeply disappointed that multiple SOs are being gaslit and even when we say "hey, please stop" or "this is harassment" it persistents dispite multiple reports.
    It's getting nasty.

vxlccm likes this.
  10. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Thanks for the ongoing support @IGY

11. I would definitely support you more directly. But I don't go to that section because I have not been in a relationship and have no evidential input to share. But I hope that by flagging this up, you will find a marked improvement to this situation.

Castielle likes this.
  12. Just out of interest, may I ask a question?

In a thread, where there is this kind of behaviour/posting that @Kenzi and @AnonymousAnnaXOXO mentioned, what is the way the mods would like us to report this? Reporting just one message and requesting that they look at everything in the thread? Or would reporting every individual post separately be better, and give a bigger picture to base a decision on?

13. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

Please report each violating post.

14. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

kropo82 and vxlccm like this.
  15. Righty-ho. Thanks for clarifying that @sparkywantsnoPMO.

I'll do that in the future! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2018
    Kenzi likes this.
  16. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

Hey, just asking here... Doesn't the 'ignore' feature work to block that stuff?
    There's no excuse for people not respecting that area, for sure.

p.s. @Kenzi -- Which reminds me to thank you and many others for being here and giving so much insight to others. Your particular area and your particular level of tolerance for any extra interaction has been very appreciated. It would have been also been great to have the SO forum as part of NoFap without any interaction, but I know you and others have bettered this place for literally thousands of members and tens of thousands of guests over the years.

17. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

IGNORE should work, except sometimes it only works for that one person. Not every single other person who has to deal with the gaslighting which persistently clogs up the thread with the PA trying to interact with the SO they are spamming or stalking who has ignored them. It bogs down threads. It's annoying. And alot of the time, respones are "if they aren't bothering you directly"...
    Why should I be apart of a chain of reposts with a PA trying to reach a person who has ignored them?
    It's a game.
    It literally becomes a web.
    I feel like this is a problem.
    But if we should just Report... Then ok.

18. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

That actually makes a lot of sense. Good point/answer. Especially in that SO area.

It's not ideal, but hopefully having a couple people back someone up in their thread with the report will squash it. The main policy page does instruct us PA types to stay out of the SO area. You'd think more people could be respectful.

19. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I would think, also... I don't mind PA feedback, in fact, I'm one who generally likes seeing the other perspectives, however, there are a few who can be downright emotionally extortionative.
    That, i feel, needs to stop. Especially when rapid fire comments are coming at a SO who is in a emotionally unstable condition because of the betrayal trauma from their own PA. (and the perpetrators not the familiar PA, so the gaslighting isn't always recognizable)

20. Yes, I've stumbled across a few threads that resemble wars, and the OP is sunnily unaware of what's going on, because they're the only ones who have ignored the culprits.

I look at it that I go to the SO section to learn. I've actually found that my opinion has been welcomed, and I've learned a lot of valuable lessons from listening to SO's. However, not all PA's (or SO's) are there for the same reason, and seem to actively enjoy stirring things up with their comments.

I want to be clear - I respect the mods immensely - it is a hard job to do, and in my opinion, they tread a fine line daily between freeness of speech and shutting down troublemakers.

It does, however, worry me when I see the kind of thing that @Kenzi has described taking place, and the mods feeling that they can't step in. Left alone, this situation has the potential to hurt someone big time when they really need support.