1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Part 1: Some Call it Success, I Call it In Progress: Learning the Importance of "Monk Mode"

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Sep 22, 2018.

1. So, here's the success story part: I quit PMO in March of 2015. I have a lot of advice I've posted all over this website, and more developed ideas in my head now, I'd love to share with others in different stages of the journey. But now, for the hard part...

I'm still not done yet. You guys will find that many of the beautiful promises come true along the path of NoFap... and fairly early on if you're looking at it on that scale. You'll start to feel more energetic, more outgoing, you'll have more of a presence and get noticed by women... be able to speak up and make eye contact... all that great stuff. You'll make better gains in the gym, be a quicker thinker, stand up straighter. It's wonderful.

But then... you're going to fly off the rails. You won't know what to do with your new self. You'll be too temperamental, too quick, your presence will be overbearing, your thinking will be faster than the acting that needs to take place. People will start to be intimidated by you, things will go wrong socially and emotionally and you won't really understand why. You'll piss people off, you'll get insomnia, you'll feel unfulfilled.

This is when you reach the time that "monk mode" is necessary. It is also necessary for me to make monk mode a separate post. This post is about the success path, which starts out great but then brings you face to face with yourself, to confront some of the worst of that person.

Click on if you dare...

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...g-the-next-step-to-monk-mode-practice.195494/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2018
  2. awesome post bro. whats the major withdrawel symptoms you faced?

3. Menace

Menace Fapstronaut

waitin on link bro

4. zestyy

zestyy Fapstronaut

Dude, you need to chill out. Smoke some weed and start eating right. Those symptoms don't seem to be related to nofap; sounds more like you need an ego check and a good meal. How much saturated animal fat do you consume?

5. Souhail

Souhail Fapstronaut

Well I don't recommend weed or any type of drugs during the reboot because it will rsise your dopamine levels and then your reboot will be fucked up and basically you'll take longer to fully reboot that the guys doing monk mode

SirErnest likes this.
  6. whatrichme

whatrichme Fapstronaut

would be interested to know When and Why exactly you switch to monk mode. Good post Keep it going

7. Sorry for the delay guys... part 2 coming soon, which is about why the switch to monk mode is necessary. Then part 3 will be about a technique to use (non-sexual) when monk mode starts to get unbearable.

I might be way ahead of some of you in terms of days free of PMO, but if this motivates anyone to start monk mode, we will have similar experiences to discuss and I bet your progress will be much faster than mine was in terms of the early benefits.

8. almirante

almirante Fapstronaut

Gostaria de saber como é esse modo monge, pode dar detalhes de como proceder?

9. Hey guys, I've posted parts 2 and 3 now.

Menace likes this.
  10. Menace

Menace Fapstronaut

superb. thanks for all ur advices man

11. Love_Travelling

Love_Travelling Fapstronaut