1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Overcoming jealousy

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by TestParkour, May 8, 2019.

1. TestParkour

TestParkour Fapstronaut

I am nearly at 90 days, and my whole life has changed for the better. One thing is kind of messing it up though. I have a great and beautiful girlfriend that I really love, but I found that my attachment issues came with me on the nofap journey. I kind of hate when she wants to hangout with anyone but me, even though I will want to hangout with my friend over her some days myself! I recognize how wrong this is but I literally cannot stop feeling this way. My logical side trusts her 100%, and I feel like she loves me, has said she loves me, but I get really emotional sometimes and start thinking that she is going to leave me. It drives me nuts, and it frankly ruins my evenings. I should be finishing my presentation but I cant stop thinking about how she takes 15min to open my snapchat, but Facebook says she was on messenger 7min ago. I cant help but check. I never act controlling, and keep these feelings to myself, but it drives me nuts.

I feel pretty confident in what I know I am good at, but I also recognize when someone is better looking than me, or funnier etc.. I dont think its insecurity, just being rational. But then again, I would never say to her that I am the best, I dont have the confidence to say that.

I just love her so much and I feel like I would be crushed if she hurt me or left, so maybe it is just fear?

I hear other people talking in school etc, and it seems like guys usually dont act like this too much in relationships, so I feel like I am the only one.

2. Let her hangout with whom she wants. If she cheats on you/leaves you for someone else, then she really isn't worth it and it will be a good thing that she leaves you. If you really love her and she really loves you then she wont do such a thing.

Dag and CH3RRY like this.
  3. Origin32

Origin32 Fapstronaut

Sounds like your ego is getting the best of you - in regards to the negative thoughts. If she is going to leave you she is going to leave you. You have to remember, at the end of the day, you have no control over her actions. Don't feed into the jealousy, because if you let that show to her it comes off as weakness, and puts her in a position of power. Practice being stoic - the only thing you literally can do is control the way you feel and react to things.

4. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

Love in a way that the other person feels free

5. Dag

Dag Fapstronaut

This!

6. Bereest68

Bereest68 New Fapstronaut