1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Over-texted a girl, what should I do next, 2 successful dates in...

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Flash3, Jun 13, 2017.

1. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

Totally right, directly brought to the point.
    Have a life, have a vision, have clear goals, have a plan. Take self-responsibility and live your life.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

As @GG2002 has pointed out, the on-line dating world is TOUGH. What is better is while you're in the process of getting yourself together, try to meet women when you are out and about in the real world. That way you can stand out and make an impact with your manly presence. Good luck~~

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Sounds like you crashed on this attempt.

4. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

This kind of crash can lead to a very sound learning effect. I bet in 6 months, he sees things very different.

5. Flash3

Flash3 Fapstronaut

Thanks! What I like is the word 'productive': summaries the point for me. We are required to be productive at work, on a sports team, ... extending this to relationships in the sense you described is wholly logical.

What I also appreciate highly is your reminding that there are girls who do want to reply, who do want to interact in the way in which I or many other reasonable people like myself require as signals that the other party is involved and not messing the other person around.

For me it comes down to trust, which you can't necessarily have from the outset when you've just started dating. Once I can trust the person I'm investing increasingly heavily in, the need for texts and other signals would surely diminish for the purpose of affirming one's reciprocal affections.

All the thoughts I've received here are very well received, thank you.

6. Flash3

Flash3 Fapstronaut

I agree. Have taken my profiles off for now. There are tons of girls where I live, so if I'm actively increasing my social exposure sphere in line with my interests expressed by my activities, it should in theory afford ample opportunity for more conventional meeting and interacting with the fairer sex :)