1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Online long-distance dating

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by cleaningupmyact, Jun 18, 2019.

1. cleaningupmyact

cleaningupmyact Fapstronaut

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the right place for this so feel free to move this thread if its now.
    Im in reboot now but also at a place where I am wanting to date again. Its been years for me.

However, I am disabled and cannot leave home. This means that dating for me looks like online chats to meet people and connect. If a connection is good, maybe we'll share images of each other or flirt over the phone, etc. but this is all extremely triggering for PMO a the same time...

any thoughts? I could abstain longer from dating, I guess. But I'm also curious how someone in my situation would go about non-PMO but also a long distance relationship which will likely have digital sharing of stuff and/or phone calls.

2. Hello, I don't think you have to abstain from dating but I don't know how one would date online without it escalating to some type of triggering event. Why are you unable to leave your home? Maybe the best way to go about it is webcam chatting. At least that will allow you two to be closer without the need for triggering events. However, just the sight of someone that you are interested in over the web can be triggering so it is a tough situation no doubt.

3. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

I would be cautious. As much as it's easy to say Online Dating can be just for fun and wont cause relapses depending on the person you are talking too, it can make it extremely hard. If you feel like it's a bad idead I recommend waiting a while longer. It's worth not relapsing!

4. cleaningupmyact

Thanks for the replies, it helps. Sigh, I wish I was in a better situation and could go out and interact with people.

5. I know you said you are disabled but why can't you go out? Are you bed ridden?

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Thats not dating if you're not actually physically present with them.

7. This is not helpful.

8. cleaningupmyact

Asking details about my disabilities is not helpful. The point is I can't go out and date like most people and I'm looking for alternatives that are healthy and wont trigger a relapse.

9. People can't help if they don't understand what you are going through. I no longer will try. Good day.