1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Online Dating: Texting Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Green Monstah, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Green Monstah

Green Monstah Fapstronaut

Hey All,

Seeking dating advice texting someone you just started to date. Any tips would be appreciated! :)

It's been almost two years since I started NoFap. I won't bore you too much with my whole story, but long story short. I was 2-3x daily PMO-er since my teens... I am now 27. See my counter for my PMO-free streaks. Since starting NoFap, my attitude towards women changed big time. I had huge urges to walk up and chat with them... and for the first time in my life, I have been going dates. In fact I had a record number of dates this past year. I even had a romantic experience in Europe with a really beautiful lady. If you are interested in hearing more about the improvements, you can find my stories here:

- "My Take on 'You'll Develop Superpower With Women'..."
    - "How I went from "forever alone" to having an amazing romantic experience in Europe"

Like I said, for the first time ever, I really am making an effort to date. I have been on-and-off with dating apps (currently using Coffee Meets Bagel). I had many dates this last year, but none of them ever worked out for long-term. They never went beyond a few meetups in case you are wondering...

I matched with a lady and we chatted for about a week and then I asked her if she wanted to meet up. We had a great time and would like to see each other again!

Here's the part that I am ALWAYS unsure with what to do...

My whole life, I never really was someone who is always glued to my phone. I don't really text back-and-forth with anyone. If this gives you an idea, whenever I come back from a trip, instead of texting friends about it, I like to save my stories until we meet in person.

In this world where literally everyone else clings to their phones, I do want to make sure I can communicate with her. Also, I can totally understand why my friends all tell me "You need to keep the conversation going. Text her now!"

I am afraid of coming off too clingy or rushing after one date only. I am also afraid of making her think I am not interested just because I'm not texting her. It's really hard because a lot of people cling to their phones in this age, and I just simply don't...

That is what has been going on with this lady. We didn't really really talk too much on the dating app. Only a few short messages back and forth leading up to when we met; however, once we met up, we had an AMAZING time together! We BOTH kept the conversation going for 4+ hours. I do want to see her again because out of all the dates I had, she was the best when it came to keeping the conversation going!

So, we only just started seeing each other... what advice would you have for me regarding the whole texting thing? I don't want it to just be "Hey! How are you?" "n2m, u?" "How was your day?"... Not necessarily looking to have lengthy conversations on the phone either... And above all, all I care about is keeping her interested and making sure she knows I am interested in her!

Appreciate y'all!

Lustorlove likes this.
  2. Lustorlove

Lustorlove Fapstronaut

You are fine with how you text. Not texting a girl back until you have time creates attraction. It makes her think you have a life outside of her. The simple text back indicates you are interested. My only advice is to text back when you have the urge to.. that is without spamming her phone and always texting her back right away.

3. Green Monstah

Green Monstah Fapstronaut

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this one! It really does make total sense what you are saying.

First off, I do NOT want a girl who clings to her phone and needs to be constantly texting back and forth with. She seems pretty chill like that actually! I did send her a text last night on cause there was something I wanted to know about her... and she responded but also asked me one back. I then wrote back a few hours later. Her response came this morning, and I responded later in the afternoon. I will stay chill with the texting, but I certainly will make sure she still knows I'm interested.

Much appreciated! :)

4. Lustorlove

Lustorlove Fapstronaut

You’re welcome. Best of luck to ya!

Green Monstah likes this.