Online Dating: Dedicating Time Every Day

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by 1978, Jul 14, 2019 at 5:16 AM.

1. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

I've come to realise that the most important aspect of trying to make positive changes to your life is to have a routine. It's not about doing something to an extreme and suddenly achieving amazing results. It's about consistent regular action.

If something is worth doing, it's probably worth doing as a regular routine. Take exercise for example. I have an app on my phone called Home Workout, and every morning (unless I'm ill or I'm planning to do other exercise later in the day) I do about 30 minutes of exercise using that app. It's about making it a part of my daily routine, the same as meditation, brushing my teeth and having a shower. It's just something that I do every day.

The same is true with my online dating efforts. I set aside 1 hour every evening to do online dating. It doesn't matter if I don't get any matches or replies for several days, or if I haven't had a date for several weeks. All that matters is I am putting the time in every day.

The purpose of this post is not to start a debate about whether or not online dating is a good idea. I've decided it is. If you've decided to go a different route, that's your choice and I wish you the best of luck with it. But whichever path you take, make it a regular routine.

If something is a regular routine, it's not negotiable. You don't have to decide each time whether you are going to do it. You just do it each day because it's what you do each day. It's that simple.

SpoonDog likes this.
  2. DeperateForNormality

DeperateForNormality New Fapstronaut

Can't agree more. A quote from a book that I have found helpful to think about "You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems". Keep working at it!

1978 likes this.
  3. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut