1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On my 46th Day - Hardmode - I want to Girlfriend, but I do not care that I have not one. And you?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by LoyalKnight, Jan 8, 2017.

1. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Greetings Lads!

I am currently on my 46th day. I have to say that I experienced major changed and improvements in my behavior which I would have not expected.

I still have no Girlfriend. To be honest, now I do not care anymore, I am not desperate to talk to girls with the intention of getting her as my girlfriend - I am only talking to girls because they are humans after all - just to chat and other stuff. Nothing about relationships.

I want to have a girlfriend after all, like most here, I guess. I might be wrong though. But I do not care anymore, I am living my life, pursuing my hobbies, studying.

What is your lads' thought about this?

Sailor93 likes this.
  2. Sailor93

Sailor93 Fapstronaut

I'm 23 yo old now. Ever since I was 16 yo I wanted a girlfriend. I tried a few times but I was always rejected. After each rejection I wouldnt try again for months on end. 2 years ago I started working at sea. 3 months working on a ship, followed by 2 months vacation. Every time I was on board I would say, damn it, I havent found one in my vacation. But next vacation, I WILL FIND A GIRLFRIEND! 2 holiday months later, I would step on board again, single and virgin, but believing that next holiday, then...(deep breath).........nothing. Last vacation, I started Nofap, and have realised what I have been doing wrong for the last 7 years. I focused on getting a gf, instead of working on myself. I've always felt like I was doing ok in life, i did well in school, I trained hard. But the thing I didn't realise I had was low self esteem, no confidence and motivation. I would say too myself, your a fucking officer on a cargo ship, so go talk to that girl in the gym. Do you think I talked to her? I would say to myself, your the guy that can squat 100kg ass to the grass, go talk to that pretty girl in the pub. Do you think I talked to her?

Since starting nofap I have come to realise that I couldn't get past my inner resistance. I would say to myself uplifting things, but deep down I felt weak, full of shame and ugly. That has changed. I stepped on board again on day 20 of my 90 day pmo challenge. The last weekend at homeI went to a pub, to some shops and to a big christmas workout in my crossfit gym. How many girls looked at me, smiled at me, unbelievable!!! I didnt believe about these superpowers until I saw them that weekend. The day after I went to the airport and the same happened there! In 2 months time I will be home again. This time I wont promise myself that I will find a girlfriend. But I have and still am growing so much mentally that I feel like I can conquer the whole world whem I am back!!!

Work on yourself first, the rest will come.

LoyalKnight likes this.
  3. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

I can somewhat read my store there as well. Partly. I would be also saying things to myself like you did, like "I am X, why cannot you talk to her?" I could list thousands of things I said to myself, lol. At the end, same like you, I never succeeded.

Sounds actually awesome for you, keep it up! I witnessed these superpowers for a while as well, but now, on around day 40 I lost all interest. I avoid looking to girls because I fear it might trigger me... I think I've gone TOO careful here.

Cheers for the post man, have a good one!

Sailor93 likes this.