1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On Loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by IronPants, Dec 18, 2015.

1. IronPants

IronPants Fapstronaut

I have overcome quite a bit with the help of nofap, and I see a lot of you trying to do the same. There are a few things you need to know before you are successful.

First, the Book of Pook, despite it's silly name, has been incredibly influential in my understanding. I am going to quote a few of my favorite lessons, and hope that you gain from them as much, if not more, as I did.

In my dealings with people, I have found this to be incredibly true. Sure, you CRASH AND BURN a few times, but what is that to you if you already have nothing? What can a rejection take away from you? Losing costs you nothing, yet winning gives you everything. All you have to do is gather your balls, and start talking to people.

It's damn hard to start, I know. If it wasn't for a few very charismatic and influential people who scooped me up in my infancy, I would probably still be adding to my 300+ hours of tf2. Now, I sing, I lead, I flirt, I LIVE.

What do you have to lose?

After all, “The greatest risk you can take in life is not to risk it all!”

Slylen, Sentinel and UrgeDestroyer like this.
  2. Slylen

Slylen Fapstronaut

You only lose if you stop trying. I enjoyed your post and thank you for sharing some of the wisdom you have gained on your own journey. Its never easy to step out of our comfort zones but unfortunately it is the only way we grow. Keep up the great work and continue to share your thoughts!

Stay Strong,

-Slylen

3. DisciplineYourMind

DisciplineYourMind Fapstronaut

See, this is only kind of true. I'm of the opinion that the best relationships start with friendships. But friendships are often ruined (or just aren't quite the same) after a rejection. So I basically have to risk a friendship hoping to gain an intimate relationship. That's often a tough decision to make.

ICleansedMe and Slylen like this.
  4. IronPants

IronPants Fapstronaut

This is wrong. If you want a friendship, aim for that. If you want a relationship, aim for that. DONT try to hop from the friendship to the relationship ladder.

Why? Because you were insincere about your reasons for becoming friends with that person. Would you have ever approached them, tried to become friends with that person if you didn't want to sleep with them?

You might like to yourself and say yes, but everyone knows that's bullshit.