1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On hold

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Smaky, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Smaky

Smaky Fapstronaut

I'm a guy who's never been in a relationship and I've been dealing with some loneliness the past few years. I've been able to meet girls and make friends, but my mindset has always been trying to find a girlfriend. Whenever I meet a girl, my mind instantly kicks into "she-could-be-the-one" mode, and I find that I don't really act like myself because of it. The only girls I really feel comfortable around are my friends' girlfriends.

With that said, I think I need to put the idea of being in a relationship on hold, especially during rebooting. I am also incredibly busy this semester, so I don't think I would even have time for a girl even if I could. If I tell myself that I'm not looking to be in a relationship right now, I think that will help a bit with the loneliness. Has anyone else done something similar?

2. My roommates and I talk about this all the time. In my opinion, the best thing you can do for yourself, and to attract the women is this: Pursue the things that you want out of life, don't do things because of girls, do things for you. When girls see guys that are following their dreams and hobbies they see that as a sign of confidence and security. Guys like that don't need a girl to make them happy, they'll be happier either way. So follow your dreams and hobbies and be proactive with that and don't be closed to the idea of meeting a girl along the way. Be open to a girlfriend, but learn to live life to its fullest without one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
    Smaky and Deleted Account like this.