1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

ocd

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 12, 2019.

1. anyone else here have actual ocd?, if so feel free to share the bizarre things you do and think, i have some insane stories myself.

2. Counting everything that I do drives me nuts. It’s been an on and off thing through the years. It’s more prevalent when I’m stressed.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. i count a lot, like if i see a sentence on a billboard i will count how many letters are in the sentence, and if it does not come out even i will add a letter to it.

4. Hartemis

Hartemis Fapstronaut

Hey, I've got actual OCD diagnosed by a doctor, I had/have loads of different rituals that get really irritating but I just can't stop them.

Obsessively washing hands is one thing, but other weird things like whenever a family member would give me a lift in their car, I'd turn the radio volume down to 1 before I got out, because I thought if I didn't some random bad thing would happen.

5. thats interesting, i have a thing especially in cars where if someone touches the ac button or the radio buttons i have to be the one to touch it last, like i dont know it just annoys me when they keep messing up what i did, like if they turn the radio volume to 9 i have to change it and move it back myself, I get the annoying pressure if i dont. Also i wash my hands a ton, i cant stand feeling like my hands are dirty, same with my feet, i cant walk barefoot at all, i have socks on at all times because i hate dirt on my feet.

6. Hartemis

Hartemis Fapstronaut

I know what you mean, my doctor told me feelings like that are to do with wanting to control things which makes sense for a lot of my rituals.

7. yah wanting control could be possible, same thing happens with doors if someone opens it i have to get up and close it myself, or if someone touches me i have to touch them back.

8. Me for sure.

An example are writing pens. Growing up we weren’t allowed to throw anything away without my dad’s approval. He’s a child of the Great Depression Era and back then no one threw anything away and tried to reuse things as much as they could. My dad to this day clings on to that mentality. One of his biggest obsessions was writing pens. He was convinced he could get any pen to write again and our house had lots of pens that were crap. Grab a pen to write and chances were high it wouldn’t write. If we threw one away without his permission and he found out, he’d yell at us.

So now as an adult I’m OCD about having only good writing pens around the house, lots of them. One hint that it won’t write, into the trash it goes. And when I buy pens it’s ten or twelve at a time. I have LOTS of writing pens around the house and at work.

9. Another example, are the numbers on my car audio volume, it has to be a multiple of five, 5-10-15-20-25-30-35-highest setting is 40. I simply can’t stand having it at something else in between a multiple of five. Same goes with the temperature control on the car.

There are other examples of how screwed up my brain is.

10. I can totally relate to the other inputs so far.

11. u376 and Deleted Account like this.
  12. I think I would want an aircraft mechanic to have OCD! :)

13. BravelyKegger likes this.
  14. Yep! I’m certainly OCD at work. With literally hundreds of lives each day in danger if I get careless in my work I make sure to check, double check, and triple check my work.

15. i will share with you guys my most crazy things, so as a kid i had a fear i would turn into micky mouse, not sure why its just what my ocd decided, i couldnt look at him, think of him, eat around him, but thats not even that bad compared to whats next, so after i got over that years later it became shrek, same deal basically, and than years later more recently, i would say 5 years ago it became babies. I had a fear i would turn into one if i looked at them, thought about them, touched them, i had to take all the pictures in my house down, it made my life hell, and because of that problem i also hate water bottles now, reason being is because in my moms stamp room she has baby pictures and because the water bottles were always in there they became contaminated. I was able to overcome the baby fear after years by working in a grocery store, i had to touch baby stuff a lot and i was able to slowly overcome it by doing what i feared, water bottles i am better about currently but i still dont like looking at them, i hate the caps the most. Worst thing is tho back in middle school my mom told all my teachers about it and the guidance counselor called me and asked me about it, i was so embarrased and pissed at my mom for telling them that.

16. definitely

17. I got a bit of a tug at the heart reading about your mom saying something. Shows she cared.

My mom had lots of major issues when I was growing up and could get abusive at times. But I see now there were a lot of times she did do things that revealed she really did care about me and my welfare.

Thanks for sharing.

18. i totally understand that

19. its not to hard to share when surrounded by similar people ^~^

20. honestly ocd does have benefits tho, like i excel at any job i do because i strive for perfection, if its not just right i am not satisfied, also ocd keeps me busy, theres never a dull moment in my head and i am always entertained. But when i have to do mental rituals and stuff in my head i get so exhausted and wish for it to end.