1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not many people realize this

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by GettingAGrip, Aug 20, 2018.

1. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

I've been thinking about dopamine-manipulating substances like THC and caffeine since I drink coffee twice a day and smoke weed almost everyday.

I'm going to lay them both off for a while and see if there are any improvements, especially emotionally (depression, feeling down, demotivation, etc.)

What do you guys think about this?
    Who here drinks coffee/loves caffeine?
    Who smokes weed?

Thanks!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

You're right. I'm already expecting that, starting to feel the beginning of withdrawals today.
    I try to spend time with my friends and not be lonely. I think loneliness is the most destructive for me, but I've made it this far without relapsing and I'm only getting stronger, so I can do it.
    Thanks!

3. Bonhomme

Bonhomme Fapstronaut

I drink caffeine and use nicotine ("snus", a swedish sort of tobacco you keep under your lip) daily, never really thought about the caffeine affecting me though - might look into it.

Nicotine is a killer though, especially cigarettes (as far as I know) which I got off about a year ago.

I'm also sure I have to lower my alcohol consumtion, obviously that inhibits my improval both emotionally and physically.

Edit: Realised you probably asked about THC and caffeine specifically, I meant substances in general. Sorry about that.

GettingAGrip likes this.
  4. If you quit weed, your life will improve if you stay off, depression will get better and motivation will increase. However, if you're not smoking weed you will have to face your problems and that may lead you back on.

You should get some Dopamine brain food from Natural stacks.

GettingAGrip likes this.
  5. Well i used to drink coffee and smoke weed. After i quit coffee, it took a while to get adapted to living without it, but rather soon when i became used to being without, i was more constantly energized as opposed to getting that mug every once in a while to spike me awake. Now if i drink coffee my nervous system gets hyperstimulated, and my gut suffers horribly, which leads to even more problems. I can still drink tea though

If you've smoked weed on a daily basis, then when you quit expect a season of boredom. My experience is that after smoking daily from 'dusk till dawn' is that things start to feel boring after quitting. Not only after quitting though, the smoking itself became boring to me after so long. So i'd say when quitting weed, prepare for boredom and irritability.

Eventually your mood of course will improve. Life doesn't require drugs/alcohol/etc to be enjoyable. For how long will you be laying them off, and how long have you used those?

GettingAGrip and Hitto like this.
  6. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

I am a coffee lover but have to lay off of that in addition to dairy and chocolate for a while. I have been dealing with a stomach issue for the last month and a half. All the aforementioned things aggravate it and cause me to feel queasy. I have gotten used to not having any of it, but I really miss my french press coffee. Hopefully this issue doesn't go on for too much longer.

GettingAGrip likes this.
  7. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

So it's been a week, during which I've only had coffee twice I think (I didn't wanna quit cold turkey). I've been having mint tea, juices, and water at the times I would normally drink my second or third cup of coffee.

As for weed, I do still smoke but not as much and frequent (went from smoking all day/most of the day everyday to smoking once every other day and only when I'm extremely bored lol.

I think I'm just gonna decrease them both slowly rather than stopping all at once. On the other hand, I do feel much better with these changes and I've been getting dopamine from different activities!

8. You will likely gradually learn to like life more and more without those. Keep in mind though that there might still be "gray days" even if you don't go cold turkey! Everyone has pretty different symptoms from quitting. I luckily didn't have much more than few days of tiredness when i gave up coffee, but i've heard people getting nausea and headaches when they went cold turkey.

GettingAGrip likes this.
  9. GettingAGrip

GettingAGrip Fapstronaut

You’re absolutley right.
    I’m glad I can go 2-3 days now without caffeine and not feel like crap! Lol