1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not interested in people. Help needed.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by FromZeroToNinety, Oct 28, 2017.

1. FromZeroToNinety

FromZeroToNinety Fapstronaut

I am generally not interested in people. I don't feel the drive to talk to strangers, ask them about themselves, who they are, what they love.

If I do happen to ask about their lives, I'm having a hard time concentrating on what they say and I am not genuinely interested in what I hear (or at least, I cannot relate to it). Once they are done talking, I cannot find anything in my life that I can connect to what they said, which means I cannot respond by telling them about an interesting event from my life that is relevant to the topic of discussion.

How can I connect more with people? How can I find the necessary urge to want to learn about people's lives and how can I develop a drive to work on my personality and to find new friends?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I can see myself in that.

What I've aim(ed) to do is get comfortable starting conversation topics I'm interested in. I found if I kept waiting for my topics of interest to come up then I'd be waiting a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time to eternity. Something I'm still working on. The way I see it, others are talking about what they are interested in so we should learn to do the same.

3. DeProfundis

DeProfundis Fapstronaut

The first question to ask yourself is: Who am I?

When you have some idea, then you can start to seek the Other, and form a connection with someone else out there!

4. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Not caring about people is totally fine. If you want to, though, you can first try talking to people you know, your friends and see how it goes from there.

5. FromZeroToNinety

FromZeroToNinety Fapstronaut

That's interesting... I remember hearing that famous people rehearse their speeches in front of a mirror. I was planning on applying this to my accent removal training. I would like to know more about this. Can you point me in the right direction?

6. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

I don't see a problem with that. As long as you're interested in people you consider interesting :D

What's motivating you to want to talk to strangers? Some sort of social skill development? Maybe that's not the best approach.

7. Same because some people's I can't stand to see around, in my honest opinion you should be not waste your time with people's.

8. Stop PMO and get your vigor back. You can't have a meaningful conversation if you're a zombie... you're too tired to care and actively listen.

I too am not interested in talking to people and feel it is mostly forced. I believe I suffer from a form of anhedonia, which 2.5 year ago before I began fighting this addiction, was very severe, now it has gotten better, so I am probably doing something right?

Also, meditate. Meditation makes you focus better, be in the moment better and be more happy; all 3 should help you when talking to anyone, I know it has helped me.

9. TodayBeforeTomorrow

TodayBeforeTomorrow Fapstronaut

Do you smoke weed? Serious question. If so, quit that too, or you'll be back to PMO very soon. Weed will make you apathetic towards life. I know this for a fact. I stopped 30 days ago, along with stopping PMO, and the awakening process is now beginning for me.

David stone and DeProfundis like this.