1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Doing So Hot!

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by GripStrength, Apr 8, 2019.

1. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

I need some support ASAP! Getting urges to meet random people from online! Made an ad and got some interest. Doesn’t seem too bad, does it? But I tried this last year and it didn’t help me at all. My mind is almost made up to do it, but I really don’t want to! Last time I met up with someone totally random, didn’t have unprotected sex, but I went downtown and got kissed. It gave me horrible anxiety after afraid that I was going to have stds all over my face, I couldn’t see anything but read after that you can get basically everything just from the juices.. For some reason my mind is almost made up to go do this right now. Last time made me actually suicidal afterwards and extremely depressed for awhile. Why am I wanting to put myself through that again? I feel like such an idiot. Is it just sexual frustration?

2. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

Just take a minute and breath. Take the time to figure out why you are here and stick to your guns. A couple minutes of pleasure is not worth STDs and extreme anxiety.

3. Yes I agree with Nugget. Breath. When I feel uncomfortable about fulfilling some desire I to worry about stds. For me I decided it was a form of psychological/pretend physical punishment for myself. I am nearly 60 and have never had an STD but have thought I had a thousand times after many sexual encounters over the last 45 years. I was convinced I had something, but only because the encounter was in some way problematic and I was not proud of it. Strangely enough when I do have an honest, funny, happy, sexual encounter with a lovely real person (safe sex only ) I never worry about STDs. Once I realised this it made me think about why I punish myself with the fear of STD? They are real but I have always been careful and fortunately its never happened. You can get Mumps and cold sores and glandular fever from kissing people but they are not STDs they are just everyday annoying illness.

4. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Thanks guys I almost did it multiple times today but somehow avoided it and just talked to them instead. I planned to meet tomorrow but I might just block and ignore.

5. well done for holding back. I suppose I have to ask the question whether or not this would be a date with an equal, looking for a relationship (if you are free to do so and not already in a relationship) or a paid for /dating site meetup looking just for sex? I don't think this site is forcing people to be celibate just careful and helping people not PO or meet with people in a problematic or compulsive way. Only you know this- is it a friendship/positive human connection- or a random hookup/random sex/compulsive meetup? Take care and stick to your decisions about what you have decided not to do and this will pass. As long as you know the difference. take care

Nugget9 likes this.
  6. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Just a random hook up with someone easy and probably gross. I will have to go through this all again when they come looking for me. I set up with a few, only ignored who I was going to meet today. I honestly don’t know why I’m drawn to do this kind of thing. I don’t even like it at all. This site has helped me more today and last night than ever before. Even without getting a reply for awhile. Helped me to think about it a bit.

7. well done. It is possible that the process of setting up meetings is exciting, the hunt is sometimes more exciting than the end result. That's why men cruise for sex, the process is sometimes enough-but that dopamine rush can be addictive. From my experience I had to stop dating websites, as I often promised more in the moment than I was prepared to go through with the next day. The searching was the Buzz which fed me dopamine. Now I am not searching I am not having the guilt of having to avoid the people I promised things to yesterday. For me its a relief. sleep well and tomorrow is another day

GripStrength, Nugget9 and Reborn16 like this.
  8. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Yeah, I forgot about that. I was addicted to “the hunt” online when I was younger like 16-20. Thanks for reminding me. Everything has started to become blurred and hard to understand lately (within the last year or two). Not sure why though. That is 100 percent why I started doing this again. And why I started last year again as well. The act I am not fond of at all. It’s 100 percent the hunt. But only online for some reason. I’m assuming being basically the first generation to grow up with the internet, the internet aspect of it is also part of the problem for sure. In person I’m not like that at all, not someone addicted to the hunt like walking around bars/school/work etc. like a lot of guys are.

9. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

I feel like a slave to the internet to be completely honest. But I found a bit of strength just yesterday, learning about my ancestry. I’m a strong guy in person, almost unbreakable. And I don’t know if genes carry that kind of thing, but it makes sense for me now. It’s the internet, the only thing that has managed to bring me to my knees. It caught me as a small kid. Going to be hard to kick it’s ass considering it’s grabbed most people as well that have access to it. Even though it sounds kind of silly, learning who I am ancestors of really kind of gave me a gust of wind. Would be a shame if all the work of these strong ancestors I have to save and free their people somehow ended up in everyone they’re related to just getting completely devoured by the internet age.

10. QuietKarma

QuietKarma Fapstronaut

Hey brother,
    im not an expert on this at all, but thought I would tell you what helps me. The more I worry and think about the addiction the more I am likely to give in to the temptations. The solution: don't think about it, dont read about it, dont post on nofap about it, just do something else - go for a run, get some food, see a friend. It feels like delaying in the inevitable, but what you're really doing is letting the wave pass and your mind to regroup. Every time you chose not to think about the temptation it gets weaker the next time the wave hits.

Stay hard.

Deleted Account and GripStrength like this.
  11. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

I will try this next time for sure. Sometimes I find it hard to find something to do instead though. I used to try to do that with like marijuana and beer. It would start to grab me and if you say smoke a joint it makes your head way clearer. And you go hmm that was odd, and scary. I want to start dancing and playing music or something now though. Prefer not to rely on such stances though, makes it harder for me now though.

QuietKarma likes this.
  12. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

13. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

14. 'The Hunt' sums it up well. I guess it's anticipatory brain chemicals working away.
    I even get something happen when I see a picture or a girl's number on my phone. Solution: delete and don't allow yourself to go down that path for a while.

Deleted Account and GripStrength like this.
  15. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Yeah, going to keep trying. I’ve done stuff like that more times than I can count. Deleted and made new profiles and all that so many times by now. Seems like a never ending cycle. I do feel a tiny bit stronger every time though.

16. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Lose numbers over and over. Delete contacts and emails. The stronger I feel, the harder it comes back though. I feel like something might break though, for the better. No idea why or what, but there has to be a reason I keep trying.

Deleted Account and SirErnest like this.
  17. Something happened to me today which caught me unawares. Saw something and instantly the feeling in my tummy was there….and that buzz in my head, like a wasp in a distant jam jar. I have kept myself so busy since then. Done all the laundry, ironed everything, cleaned the appartment.....bloody hell fire, but the feeling is still there in the background and the easy option would be to numb it out with some choice things to do but I think I will resist and see if this makes me a super-hero.....( or just ordinary with a smiley face) At least I have a tidy apartment, my partner will be very pleased

GripStrength likes this.
  18. GripStrength

GripStrength Fapstronaut

Today was D day 2.0. Feel like I dodged a major bullet! Also cleaned my whole place thoroughly, but only after. Guess I felt dirty lol. Anyways, I feel like that episode and kind of thing are past me for now. It’s like browsing skip the dishes and you keep putting different things in the cart when you’re on a diet or trying to change how you eat. But when you do end up ordering food you find you’re not even that hungry and wonder why you just wasted your money.