1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nostalgic songs

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by u376, Sep 15, 2018.

1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Some songs are so......special....and kind of pinches in your heart
    Because they remind you the past time....bad or good....
    Whenever I hear them again.....
    I got transported to back.....they help me live those moments again....
    The only good and peaceful moments of my life....
    Music sure affects our mood...
    The constant changing habit of this world ....is sometimes scary...and beautiful at the same time
    Just thought to share this

2. Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days

That song is guaranteed to stir up my emotions.

It came out when I was a senior in high school. It reminds me of that time: lots of hope, lots of opportunities, lots of energy, lots of innocence, basically lots of things positive. I get teary eyed listening to the song since it makes me think of how much I've "F'd up" since then and I wish I was back there in the '80's and could start again.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  3. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Yes.....thats feeling sometime hurts me too
    And it makes the song more beautiful...in a different way

4. risk_taker

risk_taker Fapstronaut

It's crazy how deep a song can be etched in our memories and when we listen to the song it brings us back vividly and clearly to that situation, to the people we were with. Every song I hear is another opportunity to connect with others. It's amazing to understand the power of music has on us beings. Amazing.

5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

My music is forever stuck on 90s Rock, and I like it that way. Thursday night I saw the Gin Blossoms. Great night. Towards the end of this month I got ticket to see Candlebox in Sacramento.

6. Garris Sherman

Garris Sherman New Fapstronaut

I really hate to admit this but I think my song would have to be Three Little Pigs by Green Jelly. It really is a terrible song in a great way. If you have a wanky sense of humor you will enjoy it. It came out when I was a kid and so the song is at legendary status.

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

This one gets me every time. Reminds me of my childhood pre-puberty:

8. oneotwo

oneotwo Fapstronaut

Always remembering 90song
    Monaco-what to you want from me

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  9. Music that's aways in my head is Children = dream and lady hear me tonghit

u376 likes this.
  10. It's mine....
    What about your???

u376 likes this.
  11. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Vaah Bhai. ...
    Bada sahi gaana hai

12. Tu bhi apni psnd bta de bhai..

u376 likes this.
  13. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

14. 2 of my most favorite songs that cheered me up in dark moments that have a special place in my heart

u376 likes this.
  15. Rocketman10

Rocketman10 Fapstronaut

I know this is old cause im old in my 60s and my music no one has heard of but the song was the wedding by julie rodgers

u376 likes this.
  16. How about songs that make you feel nostalgic even though they are from a different culture or from before your own birth? So, Rhinestone Cowboy (about a decade before my birth).But then again I am an Anglo Saxon so it's not such a different culture to mine.

u376 likes this.
  17. Isuperman

Isuperman Fapstronaut

Brain rewiring

u376 likes this.
  18. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

This is one of my favorites from eminEm

19. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

I personally got the most serene scenery I've experienced attached to this song maybe, back then 5 years+ ago on my 2 months streak when that stunning girl and I were 'flirting', she gave me some biscuits before leaving saying "see you soon" and then I went back in the highschool building like her afterwards (was just sitting there with that sentimental hope and the spring sun) and I sat with some group of friends and one kinda teased me on the biscuits I have gotten and I smiled and was cool and then I heard this song from the player of somebody in the group, that I already knew the title of but it was at this peaceful bright moment that it became so significant for me even tough I still don't really get the lyrics:

u376 likes this.