1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap since May, still rebooting

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by vinilzord2.0, Aug 19, 2017.

1. vinilzord2.0

vinilzord2.0 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, what's up
    So, I got to know about this through Reddit, and since then it's been a journey. During this time I had many ups and downs, and fortunately more ups in this second semester!

My longest streak is of 23 days, and I couldn't rebuild momentum yet. It's time for a change. I've signed up in this forum as a form of commitment. I had a support group in WhatsApp but everybody "evolved" and I kinda feel left behind.

Anyway, I realized a few things that I was doing that are detrimental to my adherence to NoFap:
    1) Having an agenda. Like, my longest streak was kinda successful because I was going to meetup with old friends from my highschool times, and I wanted to make the impression that I had changed for the better. It didn't work out because I was too "inside of my head". I felt like the same shy and quiet guy from years ago. That lead me to a reset the next day.
    2) Meditation. For every day I meditated, I didn't do it for the next two. Meditating MUST be a consistent practice. It has so many benefits for Fapstronauts, yet some people like me neglect it.
    3) Worrying about the counter. The first 30 days are crucial. I think it's the hardest part of NoFap. I was too worried about counting the numbers, and not worried about making changes in my life and staying busy.

Well, felt good to get this out of my chest. I feel like I'm healing already, even though I had to reset this week. It was over a dressed but busty model from here hahahah. Not good enough, but better than spending an hour to find that "perfect" AV.

Best regards to you all. Gonna keep an eye on here! ;)

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here. Keep coming back!

vinilzord2.0 likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. vinilzord2.0

vinilzord2.0 Fapstronaut

Thanks my friend! I'm sticking with an (alpha) monk mode lifestyle.
    1) Lifting routine
    2) Meditation
    3) Cold showers
    4) Reading books/staying busy with productive activities
    5) Working on self improvement

Thanks! :) This community is awesome

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut