1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap + Intermittent fasting+ Workout+ Studying

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by theBornAgain, Feb 25, 2018.

1. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

Fapstronauts I need your help and input in this. I am 26 year old jobless from India preparing for Competitive exams. I have decided to make this year a turnaround year in my life. In the month of January I started NoFap all motivated and all 5 days in NoFap I relapsed binged and binged, tried again 2- 3 days streaks and 4- 5 days streaks failed again binged some more even on that same day i relapsed highest was like 5 times and this kind of happened after every relapse. Procrastinated felt all guilty and fell on the low spiral of PMO. Was unmotivated and guilty of wasting my time due to brain fog add to that the fear and uncertainty related to clearing these exams got me feeling very low. Fast-forward Feb 25 I started waking up real early, started doing intermittent fasting(16 hour fasting 8 hour eating window) completely eliminated sugar in diet started working out 45 mins since 2 days and 5 days in NoFap hard mode. I feel more energetic than before and now I feel somewhat in control of my life and my addictions. However today is the 5 th day again I was studying and a feeling of restlessness sprouted again asking me to fap and feel good. I came up here typed this just wanted to distract myself from this urge.

I wanted to ask is there anyone who is doing Intermittent fasting and NoFap together and what advice you folks can give me or even if you are not doing (IF)how can i get in control of these urges and these prangs of doubt and weakness.
    I really really want to change my life for myself and my loved ones. Please help and thanks for reading.

noonoon likes this.
  2. Iasitasya

Iasitasya Fapstronaut

Start pathetically easy and work your way up very slow (if you're not moving slow, you're not moving at all);
    help other people --- to go far, go with the group. You don't have to always be around them* but if you feel down, helping other people always helps; the opposite of addiction isn't self-control: it's connection;
    read about what you're trying to overcome, because if really understand an issue, you can solve it.

Yes, I'm intermittent fasting at the moment, though I'm trying to push back the time of the day I break my fast gradually: I eat one meal at noon, and the other some time in the evening. Is there any fasting group on these forums, and if not, can someone create one? It would be immensely helpful to this community if there's a similar milieu to cope with the challenge of fasting, which yields a ridiculous range of benefits, akin to maditation and exercise.

I think that the only way to overcome temptation is to give in to it, because there is no way you can fight your hippocampus. Treat yourself a less harmful reward to alter the (cue-response-reward) cycle (instead of rewarding yourself with masturbating, maybe watch YouTube videos for a set amount of time). And most of the time, you will still have the urge, for hours too, and even fail and give in, but perhaps it would help to keep in mind that happiness isn't worth aiming for in life, and that if you make your decisions taking the perspective of death, then maybe it'd all be simpler, if not easier?
    Either way, have faith in your god** and , find something meaningfully engaging (developing your skills or knowledge, or helping other people) and know that humans naturally tend to sin and lapse: it's a miracle everyone is successful, so to speak, but that's life---a game that yields billions of winners, and the only game that matters.

Footnote:
    *indeed, solitude, which is all too eschewed in our uber-connected world, is vitally important to the development of the self, the realization of one's potentials, and the undertaking of any kind of serious work. People incapable of being alone are incapable of realizing who or what they are.
    **The Modern person doesn't see god because he doesn't look low enough; he lacks humility. But even a complete atheist stands on the next-to-last upper step to the most complete faith (he may or may not take that step), which is why total atheism is more respectable than worldly indifference: the indifferent one has no faith, apart from a bad fear, and in endless suffering.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    theBornAgain likes this.
  3. theBornAgain

theBornAgain Fapstronaut

Beautifully written Iasitasya. I will keep that in mind i like how you said the opposite of addiction is connection. Even though I am struggling with life a little I try to help and be compassionate to people and it helps and engaging in meaningful endeavours goes a long way to curb these bodily urges. I have to take it one day at a time and have faith in myself and God. Thank you once again :)

Iasitasya likes this.