1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap and hair

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by phibbs36, May 13, 2017.

1. phibbs36

phibbs36 New Fapstronaut

I'm on day 6 of nofap and just wondered has doing nofap helped anyone's hair grow or get thicker, I'm 37 and have receding and thinning hairline

2. Duke of Gine

Duke of Gine Fapstronaut

I actually started thinning at age 20, and 20-21 was when I consumed no P at all and was doing very, very little masturbation.
    Perhaps anecdotal, but I think it's mostly genes (thanks mom) that cause the thinning and baldness.

phibbs36 likes this.
  3. I Free I

I Free I Guest

In my opinion, receding & thinning hairlines are based on genetics .

NoFap is still the truth though !

4. John84

John84 Fapstronaut

I don't think that will help your receding hairline. You chould try minoxidil 5% (Brand name: Rogaine) for that.

Hairloss is known to be caused by DHT a derivative of testosterone. DHT builds up in the scalp because there is poor blood circulation in your scalp, as its just mostly your skull and skin.

How of course how much DHT you make, your blood circulation in your scalp and how your hair follicles react to DHT is genetic.

The chinese traditional medicine came up with way to battle this. Do a scalp massage daily and get the blood flowing. Minoxidil does the same thing, it dilates your blood vessels getting the blood moving in the hair receptor sites.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

There is definitely a connection between lots of fapping and hair loss. You lose so many life building nutrients when you're spanking off all the time. Spunk spunk spunk>>> all the nutrients you're losing from your body and into the tissue.

6. Since a massive majority of men masturbate, I would say that is a false assumption.

7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I don't think the hair loss is overnight or immediate in most cases, but I think there is that connection. I've seen it from testimonies on here and other places.

8. IamRick

IamRick Fapstronaut

Totally! my eyesight improved as well

9. Doing headstands is another method that is said to help.

IamRick likes this.
  10. John84

John84 Fapstronaut

That would make a bunch of fresh blood rushing your head and possibly help get the DHT out.

11. Lion's Heart

Lion's Heart Fapstronaut

how about stress..if we said that too about stress, we ended up that stress is not one of the causes!