1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"No sex before marriage" group

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Just Pray, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Judicious 7

Judicious 7 Fapstronaut

Yeah I feel as though sex has no other place besides marriage. I mean, it would be a bit weird and shameful to not be on the same level as her virginity-wise & vice versa. Speaking also from a Christian standpoint, we're not supposed to defile the marriage bed. And sex outside of marriage is doing just that - taking a holy and truly meaningful thing and using it for recreation or funsies.

If you really love someone who you connect with and want to settle down with them, marry. It's pleasing to God and it will be pleasing to your spouse for a lifetime with the life you both will build. I want to give my wife something special that means something dear to me. Why not wait and do it the right way?

True love waits.

2. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

Totally agree now after learning it the hard way!

Judicious 7 likes this.
  3. Judicious 7

Judicious 7 Fapstronaut

well, we've all made mistakes. I have mistakes in the past that I should've known better for... but.. at least being here, I can re-enforce my reasons for choosing to be abstinent before marriage.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  4. Just curious, what's it like being married so young?

5. Lol I've been asked this before and I'm not sure how to answer. In my family, getting married young is fairly normal. And for me, once I knew I wanted to be with my man forever, there wasn't any point in waiting.

Sometimes I say that I wish I had more single years, but at the same time, I'm happy with where I'm at and I know I want to be with him, so I suppose there's no point in having more time to "explore other options" or whatever.

I don't think getting married young, for me, was any different than getting married later in life would be. We're just figuring out life together. Like any marriage, there are pros and cons, moments of irritation and doubt and moments of joy and assurance. But I don't think age has played much of a factor really. If you're serious about commitment and your vows, age shouldn't really matter. Whatever comes, you'll get through it and figure it out together. There might be extra battles because of getting married young, but if you're committed to stay and work them out, it doesn't really matter that much.

6. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

I've been raised to not have sex before marriage, but I don't agree with it. To me having sex with one person all you life irks me the wrong way