1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No friends to talk , introvert.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Rowdypowerstar, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Rowdypowerstar

Rowdypowerstar Fapstronaut

I recently moved to new city, all my old friends are mostly from my school age.i didn't make any new friends after my high school, just laugh or have a small talk. I was never invited to parties, to hang out I guess that they think me as one who doesn't interact much and bored. I am afraid of talking to anyone now a days , even the gym mates , I just smile that's the only thing I'm doing now. I spend my free time talking to my old friends in phone, gaming online with my old friends or sit alone in my room n use mobile/PC.
    I am 20 years old now, it's been an year since I made any new friend/acquaitance . Is anyone on the same page as mine?

2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

All the friends I ever had from the age of 15 and below are gone from my life. I was very socially malfunctioned. Bad self esteem, lack of confidence/self respect, loneliness, shameful feelings all made me socially awkward and anxious. I don't want to go to details here but a lot has changed from those days. I'm 18 now and I can make a friend anywhere. My future plan is to go to abroad where I don't know anyone. That's a perfect playground for me to make new contacts. I don't have an active social life, but I'm a very social person. If you saw and talked to me out somewhere you wouldn't guess my situation. Being alone for a long time, I've had a lot of time to think, plan and improve myself. I want you to understand that your situation is ideal for you to build yourself a strong foundation. It's not a great life for now, but you can make it great. You don't have anyone bothering you or holding you down, you can go wherever you want. All the time you have now, you can dedicate it to improving yourself. You can improve yourself to the point where you can make a friend anywhere. It won't even bother you that you're lonely or anything, since you can always go and get a friend from somewhere. If you have any questions, do tell me. Have a great day.

3. horny nerd

horny nerd Fapstronaut

I'm in the same boat as you. Right now I'm day 20. I'm 16 and I'm graduating in a month and have no friends anymore. It's terrifying seeing everyone I thought would always be there for me just leave me and go on with their lives. I don't know whats happening. I don't know if they're gossiping about me. I don't know I just feel so lonely and I just came out of the flatline and I have an intense desire to speak with someone anyone right now and it's just so frustrating.

4. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You should be happy you are graduating soon. You will get a new start. Are you gonna get further education in a new school?

5. i suck at making good friends, actually all my friends are over the age of 50 and i am 20, but i am an old soul so thats not a surprise, i find older people to be way more pleasant to be around, and i love having deep conversations about life and complex topics, young people are assholes, old people never put me down and make me feel bad or pathetic, young people are just the worst.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2019
    horny nerd and Rowdypowerstar like this.
  6. horny nerd

horny nerd Fapstronaut

I want to become a barber, but I'm not sure how to become one.