1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nights are the worst

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by DF1579, May 3, 2019.

1. DF1579

DF1579 New Fapstronaut

How do you guys deal with night time? I always have urges then

2. badteresa

badteresa Fapstronaut

3. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

What/where are your urges coming from specifically? Just your thoughts?

4. Sperm Lives Matter

Sperm Lives Matter Fapstronaut

I personally don't have this problem since I never fapped on my bed but from what I heard from other people they either throw their mattress away and get a new one or change the location of their bed.
    Tbh its all up to you man sometimes you can't avoid triggers but you gotta fight them.

5. DF1579

DF1579 New Fapstronaut

I guess the boredom. I lay in bed, can't sleep usually

6. vapid

vapid Fapstronaut

When you recognize that you have an urge, do not ignore it, it will not go away. You can try to acknowledge the fact that you are experiencing an urge, and that this urge is created by your brain because it has nothing else to do, or receive stimulus from. Acknowledging it is different from giving in to it. Remember, the more you focus on not doing PMO, the more PMO becomes something you think of. If you try to distract yourself from thinking about it, the better off you will be.

I suggest that you try to do non-sexually related activities that will occupy your mind, or try to exercise a few hours before you go to bed so that you will feel tired and make it easier to sleep.

DF1579 and ImPissedOff like this.
  7. ImPissedOff

ImPissedOff Fapstronaut

I can relate. It often takes me over an hour to fall asleep. I never had a routine of PMO before bed but I think it sounds like that might have been a regular thing for you. I'd just do what vapid said, if you can't fall asleep and you keep getting urges, get out of bed and do an activity. Reading a book, quick exercise, listen to music etc. I believe the urges at night should eventually fade away

8. DannyS

DannyS Fapstronaut

That's when I reach out to an AP. Usually lonliness, boredem and temptation feed into eachother until you give in. We tend to isolate in those moments when i fact others can help break the cycle much quicker than we can. I know guys reach out to a different AP almost everyday. Personally I find if I'm left to my own devices, I may have said I can refocus my mind on other things, but generally don't in the moment. I'm also Christian so prayer and reading the Bible is big as well. If you need AP feel free to reach out.

DF1579 likes this.
  9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I stare at the ceiling and that is all, if you close your eyes you are going to start imagining things.