1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hobbies

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by cigarettesatmidnight, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Awesomeeeee... Thanks a lot brother :)

2. Chilllidog

Chilllidog Fapstronaut

I have joined the local toast master club and learn public speaking, I have my first meeting next week to see what it’s all about.

I’ve been told it’s all about meeting people and support, there are a lot of people that attend solely ability to get out of the house.
    Speeches are timed, they count your “filler words” (umm) and you are never allowed to give a negative critique, only positive suggestions, and you not obligated to speak if you not comfortable - just go for the companionship.

Talks fall into Catagory was: either scripted, improv, or comedy - and no politics, religion, sexual subject matter or foul language.

I’m going to focus on improv, it’s directly linked to your ability to carry a conversation with strangers and instills confidence to be around others.
    I’m fine with scripted speeches, even to a room of 1000 - but the moment I have to ad-lib, I’m screwed.

But mostly I want to meet new people, get to appreciate others and they’re unique circumstance.
    Just a suggestion....

Deleted Account likes this.