1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nervous about going back to the gym

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kai101, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

I'm planning on going back to the gym today after 4 months off. The reason I took 4 months off was because there were these 2 other guys there that always put me down. They put me down because I looked better than them and they were jealous. Everyone in the gym knew me as the "jacked teen." I don't know why I let them get to me, but I did. I have lost a lot of size and I know I can gain it back fast, but I am anxious about what others will think of me losing my muslce, especially those 2 other guys.

I want to go back to my former glory. I'm just afraid that they will bully me even more for losing my gains. I have severe social anxiety and depression, but the time in my life when I went to the gym, they became a lot more manageable. I still dealt with it, and it was a daily struggle, but I enjoyed going to the gym. Do you guys have any advice on how to get these self destructive thoughts out of my head? Thanks.

Clean Plate likes this.
  2. Bman101

Bman101 Fapstronaut

Hello Kai101! Such thoughts are normal and I think everybody has dealt with this kind of issues at one point in their life. I am both happy and proud that you have taken this initiative and you should also feel the same. You are on your own path, on your own road, what others think is not important in this case. It has nothing to do with you, it's their problem and their low self esteem that makes them bully you, their lack of self confidence. Don't let it rub too much onto you. You have done it in the past and you can do it again!

If you feel down, remember that you are a kai, you are one of the greatest being in the universe!

August56, Clean Plate and Kai101 like this.
  3. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

Thanks man. Haha I like the dragon ball reference

u376 and Bman101 like this.
  4. Bman101

Bman101 Fapstronaut

You're welcome man :) Go for it!

Kai101 likes this.
  5. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

Wi
    Will do

6. Bman101

Bman101 Fapstronaut

So what are you going to train tomorrow? For me it's leg day!

7. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

What helped me when i was new, was the realisation that noone cares how you look like in the gym. Unless youre a girl with tight clothing of course. Might be harder for you considering you had a reputation and you mightve been someone’s inspiration if they noticed you/were jelly

8. Iamdone

Iamdone Fapstronaut

Just put your earbuds in turn up the music and do your thing. IMHO If you dont pay any attention to them they'll get bored and won’t pay any to you either. Good Luck. On a sidenote somebody once said “it’s none of your business what other people think of you”. I’m not trying to be harsh when I say that I’m just saying you really can’t control what people think of you.

Hitto, horny nerd and Kai101 like this.
  9. guyinsideout

guyinsideout Fapstronaut

Good for you! What others think about you is none of your business!

Kai101 likes this.
  10. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

I'm at the gym right now. It feels great! Thanks for your help. Right now I'm doing a full body workout to ease myself back into things

Bman101 and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

Lol. Thanks. I hope I'm someone's inspiration

12. redlittleboot

redlittleboot Fapstronaut

Social dynamics are a bitch, unless you are prepared to confront them again and probably feel even worse because you lost muscle, don't go to the same gym.

As soon as you cross the door, If the two guys are there, they WILL try to make you their bitch again, are you prepared to deal with them??

Kai101 likes this.
  13. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

OK guys. I went, and I feel really good. I didn't lose as much muscle as I thought. I even got a compliment haha. Anyway, I want to day thanks to each of you for helping me.

14. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

I think I am. I need to face this

Bman101 and horny nerd like this.
  15. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Just saw your avatar as wacky as this my sound but do you think goku cared when vegeta called him a low class warrrior and he shouldn’t be able to match him no he didn’t he just kept on believing in himself and pushed his limits and vegeta was insecure that goku reached heights higher than him so you gotta keep pushing and remember your doing this for you and no one else and if people go out of their way to make fun of you they obviously don’t like themselves because no one should put someone down who is trying to better themselves

u376, Kai101 and Bman101 like this.
  16. MovingOnFromThePast

MovingOnFromThePast Fapstronaut

I get insecure at the gym because I'm scared that people are watching me, but probably at the end they don't even care or think about what you're doing unless you are doing something idiotic.

u376, Kai101 and Bman101 like this.
  17. Bman101

Bman101 Fapstronaut

Again they shouldn't even judge you. You are at the gym, trying to be healthier so even if you did something idiotic, they should help you out. :D Don't worry, I used to think that people are watching me as well and then I realised that I shouldn't care.

Kai101 likes this.
  18. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

This is the best analogy ever! Thanks.
    Thanks Hitto. That has to be one of the best analogies ever! This has motivated me to get back in their and reach my potential. I will try to follow in Goku's footsteps. Excited for the new DragonBall Super movie?

19. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

No problem bro I hope it helped and yes I’m mad hyped for the movie and Im currently pumped for the dubbed version of the tournament of power

Kai101 likes this.
  20. Kai101

Kai101 Fapstronaut

Me too

Hitto likes this.