1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NEGATIVE THOUGHTS I Never Realized I Had!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by |444|, Dec 13, 2017.

1. |444|

|444| Fapstronaut

Hey guys, today was day 1 of my journey. I have already found a problem I didn't even knew existed. I think that my thoughts are f°°°ed Up.

When I was doing an activity today, I heard something in my brain I haven't heard before. Negative thoughts appeared telling me to give up, I'm not good enough, etc. And it always feels like I underachieve at said activity. So I tried to silende them, and I actually did better at it than usual.

So now I believe that my thoughts are negative in the subconscious level. My question is:

HOW DO I FIX THIS? I AM NOT THIS WAY IN MY LIFE, HOW DO I FIX MY FLIPPING BRAIN!?!?!?!?

thanks guys - MakingTightropeOuttaTwine

2. defeatedcreek

defeatedcreek Fapstronaut

You don't. At least not quickly. The brain takes time to "fix" as you say. You may not be able to always tamp down the bag thoughts but you can learn to ignore them better. Look up some techniques for managing negative self-talk. You say that this was something you have never experienced but also indicated that you silenced them "better than usual." So, I'm thinking this has been a problem for you for a while.

I actually think this is one of the bigger benefits of NoFap. When you see how much you can exert will against your brain and endocrine system, you don't feel helpless against them whether it's sexual urges or negative self-talk.

Stay strong and write about your progress on the Forum.

A41:14A likes this.
  3. Baldur

Baldur Fapstronaut

Welcome!
    A tip that could help is this one:
    Ask yourself positive questions. For example: What can I learn from this? or: WHat do I like about me? How can I become even better?
    What do I like about myself? Why should somebody marry me? And so on. I think you get my point. :) Meditation helps as well. We have a good forum thread on that as well as on my journal (tips from me).

Keep us updated and stay strong!
    /Baldur

4. Stahhluzdveller

Stahhluzdveller Fapstronaut

The way you can get rid of is to ignore your thoughts eighter positive and negative until you attain your 90s or even more

5. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

I have similar thoughts whenver I try to reboot. They go away be themselves after 3-4 days though.