1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need motivation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by fapquitter25, Mar 20, 2015.

1. fapquitter25

fapquitter25 Fapstronaut

To all the successful, almost successful and in the process of being successful people out there.. I have one question.. Could you peeps please tell me the timeline after quitting PMO, what are the changes that occurred after quitting PMO chronologically.. Thank you

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Fapstronaut

It's not going to be the same for everyone but their will probably be some similarities...
    I just went about a month straight and experienced a lot of success and heres how it went in a nutshell:

First 5 days: dullness and weakness. Constant struggle to fight my urges and find reasons to stay clean

5-15 days: Seem to feel a little more in tune with the world and myself, more focused. Still fighting urges. Would feel better about myself but experienced heavy withdrawal symptoms. I would get headaches very easily, and would tire very early in the day. At times even feeling suicidal.

15-25 days: The positive effects were starting to happen. I was becoming stronger in both body and mind, in every way possible. I had the energy and courage to look the world in the eye and work hard for what i wanted. I also felt stronger in spirit if you believe in that sort of thing. At the same time their were moments where i felt weaker than ever before, often times crying myself to sleep.

25-relapse: My ego was eating up all the positive effects i was experiencing. I felt on top of the world and forgot that i must be humble and continue to work hard.

Relapse-now: I feel reborn. I know that i relapsed for the last time. My dedication to nofap, finding myself, and my hard work to improve myself during that month payed off. I changed. Now all is left is prove it, continue to evolve, and help others that are going through the same thing

Hopefully this helps a little. Good luck

3. fapquitter25

fapquitter25 Fapstronaut

Wow that's nice. It really helped.. If I know when the change (approximately) will happen, I can motivate myself to resist till that time and try hard to push it even further. Thank you

4. AutosNomos

AutosNomos Fapstronaut

For me:

Day of slip up = self loathing/disconnection from reality
    Day after = normal range of emotions no real serous urges
    Day 3 = urges return at night or anytime I'm alone
    Day 4 = urges increase in strength especially when I'm alone followed by emotional swings
    Day 5 = massive emotional swings that can easily red-tape your mental state into PMO
    Day 6-7 = I end up being happy for a full day then depressed for the next
    Week 2 = easier with fewer strong urges but any clickbait image can set me off
    Week 3 = easily ignored urges and a small since of pride but clickbait will still knock me out
    Week 4 = began questioning why I was quiting, why I had to be better then average people, why I couldn't just have fun with my sexual side all the time
    Week 5/now = still going, but definitely still need encouragement and I need to spend more time outside with friends and less time inside alone if I'd like to continue

I hope that helps you man, it's just a massive slide we being children went down on, and now we being men have to climb back up :cool:

5. Fapquitter, we are all different, and all have different reactions on differing times. Do not expect that your reboot will be the same as anyone else's.

But do check the Success Stories section, there are many examples there to learn from.

Good luck.

6. wally_s

wally_s Fapstronaut

From TheApprentice's post... "25-relapse: My ego was eating up all the positive effects i was experiencing. I felt on top of the world and forgot that i must be humble and continue to work hard."

Exactly what I was feeling just before my relapse on Day 9 of my last streak. I was feeling damn strong, full of life, excited about the possibilities with females as I was conversing and interacting so freely, feeling like I could just have my pick of the lot. i.e. I was flying high on feeling the benefits, yet I knew it was pre-flatline, as I was still thinking and obsessing on sex most of the time. Still waiting on that flatline, too, btw

Then, from your reply... "If I know when the change (approximately) will happen"

Yes, I too have spent a lot of time and mental energy wondering and worrying about changes, and what I've found is that it can be a barrage of changes -- things are great one moment, then super slow and tedious the next, anxious, depressed, elated, apathetic and so on. Lots of things have been happening with me, inside me over the course of the past month, too much to recount as the days go by, impossible to go back and document, and another reason why this resource and keeping a journal is so helpful. I can go back and see where I've been, thoughts and feelings I've worked through, and compare to where I am today.

Thanks for being here, fapquitter25! Let me just also say, while this seems the most difficult thing I have ever confronted and tried to overcome in my entire life, it is also an exciting, hopeful and fulfilling quest to be on. For me, it's truly given my daily life a brand new sense of direction and meaning. Very grateful to have found this path to recovery and to be here sharing and joining in with everyone else on their own paths.

7. fapquitter25

fapquitter25 Fapstronaut

AutosNomos, thank you for sharing your story/ experience. It really helped. Thank you so much

BallsofSteel, I know it takes different times for different people, but I would really like to know how people are changing.. It is just to help me mentally prepare, since only recently I became aware of the bad things that can happen to PMO addicts.

wally_s, I'm glad you like my path of recovery, happy to help :)

8. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

Might want to check this out,

www.reuniting.info/download/pdf/0.BENEFITS.pdf

Contains 157 pages of people posting benefits gained at a certain point of time clean. Of course it is different for everyone, but the benefits will definitely come if you stay away from PMO.