1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NBA outlet

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by notime2waste, May 7, 2017.

1. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

Not sure if a thread has already been created but wanted to start this thread to talk about all things NBA. We all know why we're here on this site but its good to have other things to talk about and healthy outlets.

Who's your team? Who you got in the playoffs and finals?

I currently don't have a team lol (I'll get into that later) but I'm rollin with a Rockets vs Cavs finals matchup.

Deleted Account and MrPrince like this.
  2. CELTICS BABY!!!!

But seriously, you think Harden's getting out of the semis??? :emoji_joy:

3. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

LOL...more accurately I'm 'hoping' that he does. See, I was rolling hard with GSW since 2009 BUT...when they acquired Durant...I couldn't stomach it...I think I was literally depressed for a week after that. So since Harden is having the season that he is and they're the team in the W that has the best chance against GSW, that's my hope.

4. True. But there's no way a 1 man show can break down the Spurs and go on to beat the best offense in the league! Atleast not in the modern NBA.
    Who you got for MVP? :emoji_money_mouth:

5. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

Bruhh LOL...its not a one man show anymore. That's why I have him for MVP because he's made himself and the supporting cast BETTER. I mean he's still slackin on D but he's facilitated D'Antoni's offense remarkably and when he's not in the game, that's the test...look how they can still operate and win w/o him. But no, I completely agree with you that its gonna take a miracle for them to beat those powerhouses...sigh...still can't believe GSW made a move like that...that's just abuse lol.

6. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

7. I really don't know :emoji_pensive:
    On the one hand Westbrook does the impossible and averages a tripledub. And if he's out for the night, OKC are down for an L. Isn't that the definition of an MVP? Takes your team to the next level?
    Harden on the other hand whooped his ass in the First Round.

Steph, Durant and Lebron don't deserve to be in the race, and being a Celtic I'll always say Isaiah Thomas :emoji_stuck_out_tongue: But yeah all signs are pointing to Harden as the MVP.
    Damn, if OKC had kept that cast of Russ, KD and Harden together :emoji_flushed::emoji_thinking:

notime2waste likes this.
  8. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

BTW good verse in your sig

I know...its a really tough one this year. I mean its amazing what WB has done this year, no doubt. The man is a ferocious beast out there. But he didn't do it alone, ya know...the team and organization were helping him out...I mean what's he doing on the block as a SG during free throws lol? And yes, in a sense, that's the meaning of a most valuable player but the differentiator is the word 'value' I believe. What's more valuable in a leader, someone who can makes the team more functional even when he's not there or a team that falls apart because he's not there? I think its evident that Harden has brought more value and therefore should be the MVP.

It's crazy what could've been right? I think they said the owner is just tight with his pockets, yet he's a billionaire!

9. :emoji_pray: Thank You

But it sucks when you have to compare it to Westbrook. Back when Oscar Robertson did it, the argument for him not winning MVP was he didn't lead them to a title. I really hope they honor him some way. It's not everyday you see someone put up numbers like that.

And that's the exact same thing I was thinking when Devin Booker put up 70. Like seriously? Playing for stats?!?:emoji_rolling_eyes:

I'd really like to see the Spurs win the Finals and Kawhi win Finals MVP(assuming Boston loses Game 7 to the Cavs :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:) but I think only the Warriors are built to take down Cleveland.
    Finals Prediction - GSW in 5

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Pelicans are my team but since they didn't make the playoffs I guess I'll be going for Spurs.

icandoallthings likes this.
  11. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

You're welcome bro.

Yeah I think it should be a co-mvp split if anything.

Yeah no doubt the Suns were doing the same thing for him. They're calling him the next Kobe.

Ha yeah Boston is doin it this year and Isaiah has come a long way. He's the definition of resilience right now.

Houston, game 7.

Realistically...that's a hard one. What Lebron did last year...he could end his career now and be satisfied...nothing can top that. I want them to win it over GSW but if they don't, I think they'll still be satisfied with 2016. Everything points to GSW winning this year :emoji_thumbsdown:

12. I HATE Lebron. It killed me to see GSW choke last year.
    Lol yea.KD can sit out the entire Playoffs and they'll still win it.
    Super teams are going to be bad for the NBA :emoji_no_mouth:

13. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

How's Adam Morrison doing?

... :[

14. Only Real NBA Fans remember this

[​IMG]

Deadlihood likes this.
  15. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

It's getting out of hand. I hope it stops with KD but these young guns will probably follow suit smh

16. Spurs all the way. But this year will be hard, especially now without Tony Parker.

17. Raptors are my team but when it comes to the finals this year which will be Cavs vs Warriors.... I want KD to get his first ring but LeBron is the goat.. I'm going with Cavs in Game 7. And I have a feeling LeBron is gonna hit a game winner too. Remember this post lol

Also can we talk about Lonzo ball and his dad LeVar Ball?? I'm hoping he ain't a bust in the NBA lool I've been following him since his chino hill hs days and I hope he kills it in the NBA. Do you guys think Lonzo will live up to the hype?

18. Lol LaVar. Guys a smart business man. Gonna make some big bucks :emoji_money_mouth:. Kids gonna see the Ball brothers with them shoes and gonna jump on that fad in no time SMH... Bout time he let his sons stand up for themselves tho.

I feel Lonzo could be good but his form is terrible and that's just not the right role model for kids growing up. We're gonna start seeing some weird ass shooting forms soon. Top 3 pick.

Who you got going No.1? I say Fultz

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  19. Travis Stills

Travis Stills New Fapstronaut

Bucks are out and Lakers were terrible again so I've resorted to a Warriors-Wizards matchup. Would love to see Wizards take it but not every optimistic. My prediction is Cavs over Warriors in 6

20. Yeah I guess all publicity is good publicity huh? Lol he is a marketing genius, I'll give him that. And IMO, I don't think the other Ball brothers will make the NBA.. maybe Lemello but idk..

And yup his form is ugly but it's deadly!! It'll be interesting to see how he does with that form in the NBA. I remember Kevin Martin had a similar ugly form but he was a great shooter.

Idk you might be right about Fultz being No.1 in the draft.. I wanna see Lonzo go to Lakers tho