1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My view on being the Better Me.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Cmlove, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Cmlove

Cmlove Fapstronaut

Hey guys!

I'm making this thread because I feel that some of you can can get at least something out of this. PMO is ruining my life and it's really hard to stop watching but I'm keeping strong!

I'm 20 years old and I'm in University for Theater. I have Tourettes Syndrome. Now! For those of you who don't know what Tourettes is it's where people do involuntary movements, sounds, gestures, and repetitive actions. Yes there are some that scream obscene words but don't believe everything you see on Hollywood.

Before my TS was really bad. When I was a kid my hand would jerk up and down out of no where and I got bullied. I couldn't even go out in public. Now, I'm grateful that it has winded down to only ab contractions every 2-10 seconds everyday non stop.

How would this relate to NoFap you ask?

I've come to realize that I don't have it as bad as other people. I've told myself countless of time "I hate this and I don't want to suffer anymore!" I almost gave up on my life. But you know what? Suffering is everywhere, the reason I almost gave up because I didn't see a point in my struggles. When I start to look at my life there are somethings that help me during the struggles of not PMOing.

Things that has been helping me so far:

1: Any Progress is Progress.
    I find that I'm not really rewarding myself lately, the fact is I'm too hard on myself. What ends up happening is I expect too much from the process of achieveing my goals. Realizing that this takes time and small progress such as not watching P for 3 days is a big up!

2: End in mind.
    There has to be a 'why' that I'm going through Nofap. My reason originally was because I was pissed that I'm stuck in life. My body signaled me that I need to change. However, I came to realize that being "pissed" as a reason to challenge oneself wasn't enough! Action driven by pure emotion is ungrounded. I quickly thought of things that I would have if I loved myself more. Ex: I thought of having a future relationship, having a stronger sense of willpower, ability to channel my s** drive productively.

3: Face suffering head on.
    What makes us human is that of our conscious suffering. Sufferring is everywhere and it's either we face it head on or say "I don't expect anything from life anymore". Always remind your self that there is a purpose even though you don't see it. There is a purpose even though you see that there is no " meaning" in life. Rather a better point of view is life is the one constantly challenging us.

4. Listen to you.

There are so many tips, how to's and guides to do things "better". They may be good but use them only as a guideline, or don't use them at all. I was literally lost before I came to Nofap. Nofap gave me the avility to think for myself because I was surrounded with positive people. People who constantly promote each other to be the best that they can be as individuals. The best thing you can do is take a deep breathe and listen to what you really need. If you don't know what that is, it will come to you. Be patient and live life one second, minute, hour, day at a time.

Thank you for reading my huge blurb. I have never written something like this before. And I hope you guys have a great journey!!!