1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My speech to a woman who does not wear modestly

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by KennyKenny123, Nov 29, 2018.

1. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

You never wrote a longer message? Okay if that's what you think. Also, i wasn't insulted by anything you said(in your previous post) nor do i look at it as a post that could potentially be given a warn by moderators. Anyway, who actually gives a fuck if a moderator warns you? Ban us whatever, in 2 mins i can make another account. Hey, whatever okay? Like me or not. There's no point in conversating anymore. Since whatever you said about girls dressing, people already said it to me. All i can say is i gotta agree to disagree. Goodbye.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

Yep. But what they wear is by social influence, whether it's nicki minaj, kim kardashian, whoever. I'm just a mere human who asked for modesty. But it's too much to ask in this generation. So why not live with it if you can't do shit. I've accepted reality.

Freedom Jacques likes this.
  3. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

Yup. I agree. And i can't do anything about it. I give my message. They reject it, it's fine to me.

4. Dam those kardashians amirite.

5. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

Yes and whoever who influence people to wear half-nakedly.

6. Freedom Jacques

Freedom Jacques Fapstronaut

The whole world does it pal. Just the way it is. The first part of your paragraph proves that. By saying you might have reservations shows you're also judging. Im just being honest about it.

7. Except having reservations over something isn't the same thing as judging, they're both completely different things.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2018
  8. "Pal"?
    [​IMG]
    Please look up the definition of reservation and judgement before you accuse me of judging people based on their clothes. Just because my experience has shown me that there is a correlation between personality and clothing, doesn't mean I make absolute judgements about a person without even knowing them. Open minded=/=judging

9. confused thinker

confused thinker Fapstronaut

Playing the devil's advocate :

I do agree that men have some degree of self-control, and thus women have the freedom to dress as they like, but within certain limits.

Just as men have a certain degree of self-control, but not an absolute one, women should have a certain degree of freedom to how they dress, but not an absolute one.

For example, I think that if women would go nude \ wearing erotic clothing in public places, most men would not be able to control themselves. Hence, women should not be allowed to dress in such extreme ways.

Obviously, that raises the question of how to decide what is the level of control that men have, and thus the appropriate level of control that should be allowed on women's clothing? I have no clue...
    ----
    I would love a society where women have the freedom to wear absolutely whatever they want. However, I am afraid that this idea rests upon men having an absolute level of free-will and control, which is just an empirical fact that they do not have.
    Because I would love such a free society, but I am afraid it is not possible, I am posting this in the hope that you can prove me wrong.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. confused thinker

@Ginny Weasley ,
    I think you missed my argument. I wasn't saying that men are wild apes with no will power of their own. But, I was saying, that men do not possess perfect free will, being able to control every action of theirs. After all, had perfect-control been true of men, then this website would not need to exist! I argued that neither wild-apes, neither perfect-control is true and that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Therefore, I was arguing that women should not have absolute freedom to dress as they like. Had men been wild-apes, women's dress should be totally under control. Had they been in-perfect-control, women should be totally free. Since the truth lies somewhere in the middle, I argued, so should be the level of control that women are subjected to. What a sad conclusion :(

11. confused thinker

@Ginny Weasley ,
    Perhaps the argument should be that free-will, while not being perfect among men can be trained. Thus, one can argue that women should be given a lot of freedom with regards to how they dress, since men can train their free will. And dressing-freedom aids the training of free will.

12. confused thinker

I am not sure however, whether to argue that women should have absolute freedom to dress as they like. Absolute freedom means the freedom to go naked in public. Would you grant women (or men) that freedom?

13. Yes.
    I have been to nude beaches and you do not see women getting raped there. It may seem like a big deal in your imagination, but it isn't in realty.

14. I would say no. Just because we have control over our thoughts and actions doesn't mean we can switch off our primal instincts. If men are easily triggered by seeing a woman in short skirts or low-cut shirts for example, then they do have control over looking away and avoid getting sexual thoughts and sexual physical reactions. Now if women are literally naked everywhere they go, then there will be no escape from seeing those sexual triggers. If I am absolutely starving because I am on a strict diet, and I see people around me eating cake and pizza, then sooner or later I will have to give in to my instincts, unless I can walk away from the situation. I'm not saying being constantly exposed to sexual triggers will lead to rape, but obviously being in a constant state of mental and physical sexual arousal will be obstructive to performing everyday tasks.

15. If you are constantly exposed to naked body parts, it gets boring and you stop being aroused by it. Sexual desire feeds on novelty.

16. TheBarbarian

TheBarbarian Fapstronaut

It mostly seems like religion taught people to be ashamed of their own skin

17. Sexual desire does feed on novelty, but obviously that novelty is dependant on the individual body parts, not the sexual trigger itself. That's how nature designed men (and women to some extent), so they can fertilize multiple females (Coolidge effect). Seeing the same naked women over and over again will get boring, but going out on the street to see random multiple "mates" will offer constant novelty.

18. confused thinker

What's your point? If you have a point, just say it.

19. I am speaking from experience. Have you ever been to a nude beach?