1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My most recent fight with being bald

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CompulsiveCrab, Aug 18, 2017.

1. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

Maybe 2 or 3 months ago I started buzzing my head, then I just started shaving it for longevity of a clean cut. I've almost fully embraced it, I'm cool at work, I'm cool with family, I'm cool meeting people. I'm all for this new look.But the problem I have is the adjustment with people who haven't seen me with a shaved head.
    Today I saw a cousin of mine and I pretty much had my self confidence break down, when she mentioned I looked different. I could have just said, thank you in a confident yet arrogant manner. But I just started blurting shit out, with a self pity vibe to it. I'm saying shit like "yeah I shaved my head, my hair line was receding and I didn't want to be the guy balding. So I just shaved it" now there's nothing wrong with that but it just sounds like excuses in the context. And insecure to say the least. Now she's not who I'm afraid, I'm afraid of other critics I know, like an ex or some asshole that I'm passively aggressively aquainted with or something. I have no problem with strangers, but the only fear I have with people who haven't seen me since I had longer hair. If my confidence breaks down at that point I don't know how shitty I'll feel. It's one thing to dismiss negativity but you can't dismiss your genuine reaction to things. And I'm a bad liar when it comes to putting a hard mask on

2. Mavricko

Mavricko Fapstronaut

I have a full head of hair and shaved my head before. I had an issue with my scalp. If anything I felt more free. Society is a very shallow and narcissistic place. I felt like I'm broke from it for a while with a shaved head. It also massively exposes which people are extremely shallow or not. I also got more interest from random women when I had a shaved head which was interesting..funnily enough at the time I wasn't interested in women at all so ignored them and broke my NoFap record lol. It's like you become marmite people either love or hate it. If you do so much as breathe differently in public people will treat you different. Posture types and so on. How you sound. Haircut, facial hair, teeth...you name it. People are so critical of others for everything. People can't control their height and the way they look (they can to a certain extent) and people are very critical of stuff like height. I find society a very shallow and narcissistic place and I bet most posters here are too. If you are happy in your own skin and with yourself and your life that's all that matters. You should look within for happiness imo. It doesn't matter what others think of you or me. Only what we think of ourselves.

CompulsiveCrab and A41:14A like this.
  3. CompulsiveCrab

Got what I needed, thanks guys.
    Ref:

4. Anonymouspanda

Anonymouspanda Fapstronaut

In my view, what you said with a self pity vibe, could be seen by others as a strong vibe. Almost everyone that starts going bald tries products, lifestyle changes, balanced diet and all sorts of things out of worry. There are extremes like finasteride that comes with heavy side effecgs and you do get hair but lose a lot in return with it. The best solution is to just man up. And go bald before it takes you there, thats being really strong and accepting of situation. It is obviously a big change, and doing it yourself when you know how big the change is, way before the real time of balding, to just oick it on earlier and rock it. That can be seen as really strong. I had hair loss and it got severe this year and I am 20, right now I am just using meds and so to have it all. Doc says since its early it cN be reversed, if not, i will wait till 24-25 or some more years before going bald myself rathee than using the meds

5. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Good for you going for a new look. When they get to a certain age, a lot of people just remain the same and think that everyone else should too.
    Teenagers are always trying new clothing styles and haircuts etc.. and there is no reason why people shouldn't do that whatever age they are.

6. CompulsiveCrab

Thanks, I actually made it a point to go to school on the first day with a freshly shaved head so everyone knows the deal. Lol

Anonymouspanda likes this.
  7. noone cares about you being bald. at all. only you.