1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My loneliness leads to PMO.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Spirit Seeker, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Spirit Seeker

Spirit Seeker Fapstronaut

Been staying out in a nothing to do town for a couple of years now. Most people out here go to bars and the what not and I'm a pretty sober person so It's hard to make friends. I spend most of my time alone in my room reading books,meditating, and watching YouTube.
    I want to get my life together but I suffer from ADHD and I don't want to take Adderall, Ritalin, etc. This isn't to excuse my lack of progress in areas of my life that I want to improve on, but It's hard without something to supplement my behavior especially when your brain is constantly looking for dopamine due to a lack thereof.

I don't know what to do. I haven't had intimate interaction with a woman since the beginning of this year and I haven't had a relationship in 4 years nor a steady dating life. I'm a pretty odd guy I just read, wotkout(when I can muster), write poems and raps, dance a bit, I don't use social media with the exception of YT and now NoFap, I won't even touch sugar unless I can't ignore it, nor do i eat fast food, also I'm vegetarian,and I don't watch T.V. I ruminate alot and want to talk about deep things(philosophy,science, and spirituality). I need friends and a gf I can do that with otherwise I end up bored with the mundane topics people tend to linger on. I hate small talk but see it as a fundamental component of social interaction in an era where people are more invested in their phones than each other. I hope I don't come off as pretentious I just feel very different from most people.

It sucks just going to a job I hate and coming home everyday just to do the same thing. Just to be alone again with barely anyone to relate to. My mind a frantic jumble of random thoughts incessantly looking for a way to express themselves and be known. Looking at the very device that contains my vice, wondering if I can use it to escape from this existence I can't help but approach with a tortured ambivalence.Immersed in a most noxious political environment when all I want is peace and a clear sense of sanity.

I miss being where I used to live because I could go to the museum, go downtown to talk to beautiful women, visit various bookstores, join a club, or go to a social function. Out here those things are sparse at best and this place is rife with excessive nepotism. Don't get me wrong I needed to move out here to get away from bad habits that I'm fairly certain I've overcome. However my stay is now proving to be detrimental and I need a way out.

Pointlessaccount likes this.
  2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Not sure of your age and your current status, but I can give some small points.

Your immediate environment seems rather depressing, so getting a depression may not be that far away. First pill would be to change the environment, maybe a different job?

Jinnu Krishnamurti famously said that "It is not a sign of health to be adapted to a sick society". And what I see is that you're trying to adapt to a sick place. There's nothing wrong with you, you seem to have good habits.

However, I think friends and girlfriends are overrated. I don't have any close friend at all, they're casual friends from work and we never do stuff together outside work lunches. I really have no one that I can call at 10pm and say "hey, I need help". I have not had sex in 2 years, just a platonic relationship last year with a colleague. I recently quit my job and will take up a new one, because the old one was too depressing.

Spirit Seeker likes this.
  3. Pointlessaccount

Pointlessaccount Fapstronaut

There are pros and cons to every place. The place where I live is boring from a social point of view, similar to what you're saying.

On the plus side there are many beautiful places to go for a walk and just enjoy nature. I'll probably move somewhere else soon, and then I'll miss some things about where I am now.