1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My introduction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by TroubledLoner, Apr 20, 2019.

1. TroubledLoner

TroubledLoner Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

I've been a chronic masturbator for the past 40 years. I don't know if PMO is my issue, or if it is the manifestation of something else. All I know is that I do it at least two times a day, I have horrible mood swings, overriding sense of ennui about everything in my life and I think about suicide daily. The only reason that I am a semi-functional human is my kids. I have no one in my life to talk to or lean on.

Anyway, I am sure I will get to know some of you better along the way.
    Thanks for listening.

Jefe Rojo likes this.
  2. Welcome @TroubledLoner ! I hope you find peace and success on your journey. You may not believe this but I know for a fact that you can someday overcome this. I struggle with masturbation too but over the past several months I’ve been able to decrease the occurrence of it dramatically. I’m convinced that once I learn all of the lessons I need to, I will be able to leave it behind me, and so will you.

My advice to you is to actively participate in this forum. Don’t try it for a few days and then disappear, this won’t get you the results you are looking for. Many people just don’t have the desire to change. They aren’t committed to their recovery. Are you committed? It’s going to be tough but the difference is that you no longer have to do it alone. Learn everything you can, find people who can help you and ask questions. Log in here daily.

I wish you success and the willpower to do whatever is necessary to rid yourself of this bad habit. Peace to you my brother :)