1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Motivational Quotes

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CrimsnBlade, Sep 28, 2018.

1. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Every once in a while I'll find a quote that resonates with me, motivates me, and reminds me of why I'm here and why overcoming my struggles is worth the effort. Reading over these can help me find the strength to push past the temptations and desires and find victory. I figured I would share some of these for everyone else in the hopes that it might help one of you win a battle you're in, or maybe one you'll be in in the future. Feel free to add any quotes that motivate or resonate with you as well!

They can be faith related, religious, secular, whatever works for you. You never know if one of your favorite quotes can help someone else too!

"Let today be the day you give up who you've been for who you can become"
    -Dalai Lama-

"The moment you take responsibility for everything in your life is the moment you can change anything in your life"
    -Hal Elrod-

"Where you are is a result of who you were, but where you go depends on who you choose to be"
    -Hal Elrod-

"See things as you would have them be instead of as they are"
    -Robert Collier-

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self"
    -Ernest Hemingway

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that"
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Before you go around looking for "it", whatever "it" is, kneel on the promises of God"
    -Michael Youssef-

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well"
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

"The pain of regret is far worse than the pain of discipline"
    -Nathan Whitley-

2. 14909

14909 New Fapstronaut

Love that second quote. Really hits home with what I'm going thru . Thanks for sharing

Contentful T likes this.
  3. "Believe in yourself. Be the one of a hundred that has a belief. Instead of just fucking jaw jack talk of intent"

“The difference between a winner and a loser – they both failed, but the winner gets back up and does it again and again until it goes his way.”

- Greg Plitt

Contentful T likes this.
  4. Tiggerstrico

Tiggerstrico Fapstronaut

"The secret to life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times"
    -Paulo Coelho

Contentful T and CrimsnBlade like this.
  5. oneaffidavit

oneaffidavit Fapstronaut

"You can't climb the ladder of success with hands on your dick" - Some dude on reddit

Contentful T likes this.
  6. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

"The more we sweat in training, the less we bleed in war."

Contentful T and CrimsnBlade like this.
  7. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

“In this place a mind was at work to negate the image of a free and intact man. It intended to rely on man power in the same way that it had relied on horsepower. It wanted units to be equal and divisable, and for that purpose man had to be destroyed as the horse had already been destroyed.”
    ― Ernst Jünger, The Glass Bees

Are you happy being stuck in "The Matrix"?

8. Son_of_Iroquois

Son_of_Iroquois Fapstronaut

9. Shelby_Reddington

Shelby_Reddington Fapstronaut