1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Wood: How To Deal With It

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Calm, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Well the title says it all gentlemen.

I woke up with some massive wood this morning. It was annoying more than anything, I don't get tempted to edge in my bed. Annoying as I wanted to still sleep a little longer but woody wasn't havin it.

I started this thread after seeing someone suffering from raging morning wood in another thread and thought to myself, let's brainstorm some ways to quell these morning ragers!

So, who gets the morning wood and do you just lie there with it until it goes away? Do you get out of bed and stand on your head to change the bloodflow? Or perhaps you pull out a mini tazer and shock the wood right out of willy? Ok sry hahaha that last tazer bit was uncalled for but seriously what are some solutions other than just lying there with rock hard wood until it goes away, or is that the best option?

Even if you don't get morning wood, your ideas are still welcome!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHEN WOODY IS ROCK HARD IN THE MORNING IT MEANS YOU CAN GET OUT OF BED IF YOU HAVE HAD 6 TO 8 HOURS OF SLEEP!

'Men, when you wake up to that surprise in your lower region, you no longer need to feel embarrassed. In fact, 'morning wood' is a way of your body telling you that everything is in order, and working fine and dandy.

The reason for 'morning wood' or rather the nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) as it is known among medical professionals, doesn't have to do with any dirty dreams you may have been having that night. In fact, infant boys inside of the womb also experience NPT. The reason for NPT is the release of a chemical called Nitric Oxide in the nerves of your Johnson during REM sleep - the deep sleep that allows you to dream.

The chemical Nitric Oxide is only released subconsciously by the body during REM sleep in order to make sure everything is in order. However, if you are sleep deprived and not experiencing this process and your body isn't checking to see if your man clock is still ticking. Thus, sleep deprivation actually lead to erectile dysfunction.

Men, get your sleep.' (And stop wasting semen through PMO)

3. ThatOneGuy56

ThatOneGuy56 Fapstronaut

I get morning wood every morning since the beginning of my reboot. It has gotten a lot stronger from when I started, that's for sure.

Oliver Gunter, Hitto, yousuff and 3 others like this.
  4. atak

atak Fapstronaut

I have morning wood almost everyday of the week. Then it goes flat for a couple of days and then the same again. During the night I do have it I try to:

1. Lay on my back
    2. Keep my hands away from my crotch area
    3. Put my attention on something else

You could try 3 x 30 push-ups in the morning too. That is how I start my day.

5. IGY

IGY Guest

Apparently, there is a link between having a pee and morning wood going soft. A full bladder next to the prostate gland can make things a bit hard! :p

So, quickly get out of bed and empty your bladder. Having got out of bed, stay up, get some breakfast and get on with your day. Look at it this way, you get 5 or 6 erections at night, but you only have to deal with the last one! Hahaha! :D

6. IGY

IGY Guest

Hmm, that would make it worse for me. Lying on my right side seems the best position. Prone, of course, is the worst! :eek:

Calm likes this.
  7. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Most of my morning wood is accompanied by having to pee, spot-on IGY!

Just getting out of bed and getting on with your day if you had a full night's rest seems like the way to go.

I sit in full lotus right in bed if I get a boner at night and meditate until it goes away.

atak likes this.
  8. atak

atak Fapstronaut

Laying on the side is just one step away from trusting my crotch in my soft mattress. To everybody his own but laying on my back is the safest for me and having some tent action going on.

Calm likes this.
  9. docker

docker Fapstronaut

I first inhale. While I am exhale I imagine that the sexual energy which lays in my genitals, travels all the way up my spine reaching my brain. After 4-5 inhale-exhale my morning wood is disappearing.

The emptiness of the bladder is very efficient!

10. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

:)

11. theDoctorSmith

theDoctorSmith Fapstronaut

I don't bother about it. When I wake up with morning wood, I roll over in my bed, and think to myself, "I have morning wood. That's so cool. No PMO is working and I've got to continue with it. The past few days were amazing. The future is mine to take." Then I look down, and no morning wood anymore. Works every single time.

12. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

This except I promptly go right back to bed. I don't have them as much if I don't drink too much right before going to sleep.

13. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I read a book. It doesn't have to interest me. Many times i dont know what i'm reading n just read while sexual thoughts come and go. The erection comes n i feel a shivering in my body, but i continue to read, and then the erection. I make reading a compulsive action like breathing. often i visualize someone is working out(like in those motivational videos) as i'm reading.

eventually my mind gets so tired that it has no energy to mast.

14. I just use it as a handy towel hanger while I get ready for my morning shower. ;)

15. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

16. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Get down and thank God that you have it. ... you are healthy, virile. C'mon now, you are good, as you are made to be.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Deleted Account and Calm like this.
  17. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

To be honest, I just grin and think, I still got it! If it's time to get up, I go into the bathroom and do my business. Wanting to urinate really badly does wonders to softening things up. If it's in the middle of the night, I just roll over and go back to sleep. As someone said, we get erections all night long, so no big deal.

18. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

ACCEPTING THE WOOD IS THE BEST SOLUTION FRIENDS! DON'T FIGHT IT, DON'T LET IT BOTHER YOU! REJOICE IN THE STIFFNESS AS A SIGN OF WONDROUS VITALITY! :D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  19. APY

APY Fapstronaut

After I wake up, I brush and go do my exercise routine. My morning wood will usually be gone by then, or atleast gone after my shower.

Finding something productive to do in the morning seems to be a key to making sure you are productive during the whole day.

20. I frequently wake up with boners but I'm unsure whether or not it has to do with the reboot process, because usually I get the feeling to go to the bathroom. The feeling to pee can cause an erection so I'm not gonna call the morning erections any names yet, not until I'm at least near the end of a reboot in a way.

So yeah, getting up, walking around and going through your usual morning routine would usually make it go down. It does get annoying because it's hard to pee with an erection, it doesn't go down after that so it's hard to "keep" it after. My morning routine is always the same, I wake up and drink a cup of water, then proceed to pee and brush my teeth. Usually, by the time I'm done with everything, it's gone. I very rarely wake up to strong urges so I never just jack off the moment I open my eyes, I'd feel too horrible, dry and tired to do so anyways.

Deleted Account likes this.