1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Monk mode

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Boanerges777, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut

i did 7 days without technology and I feel super good! Hardly no fantasy, eating healthy, exercise, reading lots.
    I got on my phone this morning to look at the forums (day 8) and I kinda feel guilty.
    What is your definition of monk mode and is going on this forum aloud? Or is monk mode more of no YouTube, tv video games etc.

2. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut

7 days no technology completely and hardly no fantasy and this morning I decided to come back on the forums.
    What’s your rules for monk mode? I am assuming everyone on this thread is doing it.

3. Get behind me Satan

Get behind me Satan Fapstronaut

Real monk mode? Join an order and deny every possible worldly pleasure, walk bare footed, fast for 40 days at least once a year. Consume only bread and water. Give all your money to the poor.

Just teasing a little, but monk mode in here? Always strive to make a little more of a sacrifice than you are already doing. So perhaps give up technology for two days a week. If you are having cold showers, maybe try old school 'flannel washes'. Stop watching TV. Read spiritual edifying works. If you're trying to avoid lust or temptation then avoid unnecessary eye contact with women. Stop looking in the mirror (which lets be honest is vanity). Sleep on the floor. Don't turn the heating on. Fast once a week, or intermittently.

The list goes on.... but only do what you can manage, don't take too much upon yourself lest you cause yourself guilt.

Boanerges777 likes this.
  4. Captain Caboodles

Captain Caboodles Fapstronaut

For me at the moment it’s no PMO and social media. Really forces me to engage in actual conversation and go out and do things.

greenishmoon and Boanerges777 like this.
  5. It's hard for me to get into monk mode at the moment. I tried it for a few streaks and I was able to last two days while using technology of course. Some times I just want to stop using my Iphone, but loosing the connection with people just is difficult.
    "Insert Vegeta voice" I am starting to believe that the internet is just a web of poison. It has a light side as well as a dark side, as well with a endless graveyard of history. Nothing more then a endless invisible void on earth. How have you been keeping off technology?

Boanerges777 likes this.
  6. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut

The first day was hard. Well I wouldn’t call it “hard”, strange is a better word to describe it. We have used technology since we can remember and to be honest if you truly want to do it you will and if you don’t you won’t. That’s the same with pmo. I have had zero urges for pmo since I gave up YouTube and video games, even watching dbz gave me urges. I have cut out looking at any kind of female pixels and the past 8 days have honestly been effortless if I am honest. I wouldn’t even call myself a disciplined person but if you truly want to do something you will do it. If you say you can’t your right and if you can say you can your right. It’s all mindset bro.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Quit watching DBZ?!? You are a brave person man. I watch from time to time lately, but my dreams have constantly been DragonballZ related. I even went Super Saiyan the other day as well flying all the time. I'm always near some grassy plains like where Goku spared with 17 when he first met him. Sorry got off track. But yeah I guess my will power has just been not on the mind set unfortunately loneliness gets to me. If you don't mind me asking how does it get you turned on? I only really got turned on when Krillen had his girlfriends..

Boanerges777 likes this.
  8. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut

Well I watched dragon ball first and if you have ever watched that it is VERY sexualised. So bulma always turned me on a bit and chi chi also. It’s just when I watch dbz I have to constantly stop trying to fantasise about them. I dunno it might just be me but I have cut out all female pixels and lusting at girls in real life and fantasy. It is effortless when you do that.
    It’s all in the mindset.