Milly’s Reboot

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Milly, May 9, 2018.

1. Milly

Milly Fapstronaut

2. kallalininen

kallalininen Fapstronaut

It is unbelievable how a human mind is capable of finding inner strength and resources when there is a promise of a breakthrough. That ability may be hiding for a long time, but when it finally reveals itself, it is hard to believe. And it's often even a stronger force when it's about a group of people working for a common goal. Obstacles are overcome. Odds get reversed. What was supposed to be impossible becomes reality.

But of course it works the other way, too. When we see no hope, we are nowhere near our true capabilities. It's even worse, if we feel like losing all the time. Instead of results we get just stress, anger, shame and exhaustion.

All the good things come to us from the future. The past is gone, but future awaits. And often advances are created out of the invisible. That's why it is so hard to believe in those breakthroughs and our powers. I hope you will get a taste of that. A fresh start is always a great chance to get inspired.

3. Fiona

Fiona Fapstronaut

That's the right mindset!

lot of goodluck to you :)

Milly likes this.
  4. Teuthtobetold1

Teuthtobetold1 Fapstronaut

Good luck in your journey! Maybe try to think of the benefits of stopping and harms of pmo more! I think that will help!

5. Milly

Milly Fapstronaut

Right was going to update this thread every 3 or so days during my reboot, however this may not be the best plan as today (day 3) I saw, let’s say a trigger on social media and I’m sure you can assume what it lead to.

I wouldn’t even say I’m too dissapointed, as these last 3 days haven’t been the best. Not really many urges, but just fantasies I suppose? All of which could’ve been avoided. I also had a quite sexual dream last night...probably linked to my few days of PMO withdrawal. Usually I get these when on a streak, but more on day 7/8...

The reason I relapsed today is due to the same reason most times, and that is boredom. I find distracting myself with little, producive activities really help to avoid this. After a heavy workout this morning I decided to rest in afternoon. Bad idea I suppose. At least I’ve now learnt my lesson for next time; which is to avoid resting until night.

I feel like whilst on NoFap you’re contantly learning new things about yourself, and every relapse is an opportunity to see what went wrong. Here I’ve identified two things for next time:

1. Limit the fantasies! Like seriously girl, go take a cold shower or something.

2. No rest in the daytime. Only use your bed for sleeping!

Maybe updating this thread more often will also help. I will start logging tomorrow, and attempt to update daily.

I wish everyone the best on their journey’s! ✨

6. kallalininen

kallalininen Fapstronaut

The purpose of relapses is to teach us to be wiser and more determined the next time. Our job is then to decide when we've had enough failures. I think you chose good points to concentrate on. You're going to do this.

I find this really important also for me. If I allow myself to lie on my bed during the day, I will have it much harder getting sleep in the evening. Somehow the bed gets to lose its function. It's as if I had to ask myself in the night: "What are you supposed to do in bed? Sleep... What's that?" This is bad not only for my sleeping rhythm, as the time spent awake in bed is probably the most dangerous trigger for me. And not only evenings and mornings. I am struggling with my daytime fantasies almost exclusively when I make a big mistake by laying down in my bed.

FearMyDiscipline likes this.
  7. Milly

Milly Fapstronaut

Day 1

Today wasn’t particularly bad. Woke up early and have carried on to fix up my diet. I’ve been trying to eat cleaner for a while but only recently have started taking it more seriously. I’m not really trying to ‘diet’ as such, more just making healthier choices.

I can happily say no urges!

I can also admit that I’m really struggling for things to comment about today! Maybe this daily update is going to be harder than I expected - might have to cut it down to every few days haha.

Phoenix234, Mindy and Retro Girl like this.
  8. Teuthtobetold1

Teuthtobetold1 Fapstronaut

Is it the daily live struggle u are talking about? Is the struggle more noticeable after u relapse? I am sorry that u struggle and hope that u can get on track sooner

9. Mindy

Mindy Fapstronaut

Also shooting for 30 days here! I’ve never done it! Totally following you. Also do cold showers work for you? I’m too chicken to try haha.

Milly likes this.
  10. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

A “cold shower” is a shock to your body because it’s a distraction. It is because your mind can’t focus on “I need an orgasm” because it is too preoccupied on “I’m freezing my ass off”. The key here is the distraction. Find something that redirects your mind and thought processes. That is the key. As for me, the cold shower? Uh, NO!

11. Phoenix234

Phoenix234 Fapstronaut

They help. But also excercise helps and shifting your mind into something else. For me suranyamaskar a Yoga excercise helps a lot.

12. Phoenix234

Phoenix234 Fapstronaut

I did it at times also found it hard to follow through. In other work I found it works if I don’t have the expectation I have to write a big thing each day and a small comment is enough too.

13. Milly

Milly Fapstronaut

Relaspes

Two to note down. One yesterday and one a few moments ago. I know exactly why they happened too; lack of sleep.

Whenever I’m tired, I’m more likely to get in bed. When in bed = relapse.

I’d also say this links to boredom too. When tired, I’m usually too lazy to do productive things, and so can’t find distractions.

At least I’m aware of what is contributing to these relapses. Obviously I can’t blame it on the fact I’m tired, but I feel like this must be a reason why...

Onwards and upwards. Tomorrow is a new day!

FearMyDiscipline and Phoenix234 like this.
  14. Milly

Milly Fapstronaut

Good luck on your journey Mindy! Cold showers have never been my thing, I’ve seen the benefits but like you, I’m too chicken to take them lol

Mindy and Phoenix234 like this.
  15. Milly

Milly Fapstronaut

Haven’t posted in a while as I’ve been busy but just thought I’d update with my current progress.

On day 5, doing well. Focusing only on healthy eating and fitness. Not many urges, but I’m feeling good :)

16. HashMachine

HashMachine Fapstronaut

Hi Milly,
    Thought to come back and see what you're up to. Well times has been really bad with me since I left this forum in March last week. feeling that this forum should not be my next addiction. But it was me fooling myself, tricking myself to leave this inspirational forum, so that no thoughts of the people can distract my "Evil PMO". Thus I relapsed 4 times in past 2 months, F*** me man. And now I'm savage to complete the streak of 90 days. I don't know why this enthusiasm stays for a week or so, and then fades away.
    Apart from me, it seems like you are doing absolutely fantastic, about to complete 30 days, just few days left. That's about 6 days from today. Best of Luck.
    Do give it a thought.

17. HashMachine

HashMachine Fapstronaut

It's been a lot of time since you last posted, where are you girl? Do give updates here, because it might be foolish to compete with your addiction alone. You need someone, and I'm saying so, because I've suffered from it before. Be happy and original.

18. Milly

Milly Fapstronaut

I haven’t posted on here for a while, there have been a few reasons for that but I won’t bore anyone with the details. To sum it up, I either forget or can’t be bothered (which really shows how motivated I am!)

I haven’t actually done too bad, from my point of view anyway. Over the past few weeks I’ve had 2 successful 9 day streaks. A huge problem for me is how easily I can fall back into the constant cycle of PMO’ing again after a streak, on consecutive days.

After my first streak, I went again with lots of motivation and enthusiasm. I’m happy with the 9 days, I had no real urges until today. Truthfully, I could’ve tried a lot harder to avoid relapsing today. I’ve had a tough week though, and thought viewing P would be a brief celebration.

At least I’ve learnt to never do that again. Maybe next time a small celebration like a cold shower seems more appropriate.

A thing about cold showers - I know there are supposed to be benefits regarding them and NoFap, and life in general. Some benefits include boosting metabolism, improving the immune system and increasing willpower. Surprisingly, I’m enjoying taking cold showers, and will probably continue taking them.

Time now to go again, embark on another streak of preferably 9+ days. I’m feeling confident though. I hope everyone has a happy Friday!

19. HashMachine

HashMachine Fapstronaut

Sure you caught some mistake that you made. But never try to reward yourself with Cold shower or things which doesn't provide you pleasure. Why am I saying so?
    See, at the time when your body is seeking out some pleasure, you're trying to suppress it which will become a big problem for you later.
    Rather try out things which you enjoy a lot. Make a list of activities you love and try them. See, the actual thing that initiate all of this are the hormones in your body. So, your strategy should not be based on physical aspects rather chalk out a plan that works on those chemicals.
    Fun Fact: A study found that every kind of activity generates some form of chemicals and hence causes mood shifts in you. So, if you do yoga, there are some chemicals released, if you do running, some other form of chemicals are released and so on.

goodnice and Milly like this.
  20. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

I concur with all of this!

Milly and HashMachine like this.